Ranked is literally unplayable

You can still get toxic teammates even with LFG. You won’t know until you’re in game with them.

@OP - I think this post is a huge exaggeration. I really enjoy playing ranked. I might get some games where no one wants to tank, but hey, the other team gets it too. It seems as if you are projecting you anger that you can’t climb on to your teammates, which is a good indicator of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

My suggestions:

1. Add an unranked mode with stricter role limitations (no more than 3 of the same role on a team) or a role queue. Make it so you must have at least level 2 endorsement to play.
  2. Give out long mutes or ban people temporarily from competitive for toxicity. The devs seem too lenient right now on issuing punishments.
  3. Add an optional role queue to all modes.
2 Likes

It’s not that it should be done in a few months, it SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE A FEW MONTHS AGO. Overwatch is in palliative care, and the signs are all there, sticking out like a sore thumb. You markedly refuse to listen to the customers, you suffer the consequences. TimTheTatMan, MOONMOON, Nateson, Rag Tagg, Stylosa, all have negative things to say about the state of the game. Several of them have moved on to games where the developers actually care about there customers, whereas Blizzard pretends that smurf accounts are healthy for the game, Brigitte is beyond broken, and clear that lootboxes are infinitely more important than the future of the game.

So keep pretending everything is fine and everything will trickle down, a lie that will never come to fruition. Your response is more childish, akin to a child sticking their fingers into their ears and saying “la la la not listening” at the top of their lungs when they hear something they don’t want to hear. What’s the future of the game going to be like for Overwatch when they have burnt so many bridges that players know not to come back?

So, everyone but you lolz…next

He did form his own opinion based on his games smh he’s just stating there are others that feel the same. Maybe add something of value next time.

2 Likes

No
I see plenty of other players that agree role queue is not needed

Stop acting like everyone thinks it is.

More people have asked for it to include pros and streamers. Pretty sure I will listen to them before you lolz

1 Like

Some people just need to get their act together. Especially at Plat and below. I can’t say how many times there have been 3-4 dps on my team, or when both tanks refuse to go shield.

2 Likes

You mean more people out of the people you listen to
Because you are definitely the kind of person who is likely to ignore what they don’t think benefits them.

1 Like

Given I played ranked last night, I think you need to rethink your use of the word “literally” and start using its literal meaning.

1 Like

I played duo with a friend and games were so sweaty, every teammate just feeded. I can’t remember the last time hearing a Mercy say “you have to protect me” outside of those games. Dropped to Platinum next day went straight to 3160 with emotes because almost half of my games had leavers on the enemy team.

i really want to be able to role select in Overwatch but i think what is stopping them is first off they want money and me personally i would worry about the queue times especially in higher ranks they would get much higher and to people who got to whatever rank using only dps, support or tank should have an individual sr for each role so that you can play that role at the sr you are decent at i guess

1 Like

I would much rather wait 10mins for a decent match than 2mins for a coin toss roflstomp. And I don’t see why it would increase wait times, more people would play healer/tank if they know they and the enemy team are running viable comps, and prob more people would play comp overall.

2 Likes

The role select option would be interesting; I.E. you pick your role and immediately queue up, rather than going through the lfg option. That’s obviously a complicated algorithm, but it would be interesting.

I don’t think the game should try to pair you so hard with similar group sizes. If you are 6 stacking, you deserve to have a communication advantage over solo queue smurfs. Pair me up against said solo queue people, it would discourage that type of behavior real quick, though at first you might not get as much experience playing against other teams. This would reduce wait times as well. If you want to do solo nonsense, play qp. Ranked is supposed to feel like a team thing, and the game ought to reward you in more ways than just this for learning to play as a full team. There are some inherent risks doing this, obviously, but I think it would be worth trying out.

But for sure the performance based SR should go, regardless of what rank you are in. Or at least shouldn’t exist past silver. That’s why there are so many smurfs.
But, regardless of my or anyone else’s suggestions, ranked IS pretty bad right now if you don’t have a consistent group you play with. But it’s really not too difficult to find some friends to play with, tbh, if you’re willing to reach out and find them.

2 Likes

There are barely any LFG groups on my screen, and half of the players in them can barely speak English.

1 Like

I am in mid Gold and main tanks and supports.

Example to prove your point.

We are in a payload map. They have a pharrah on the enemy team. They push the payload all the way cause pharrah goes uncontested just dropping rockets on the DPS and support even though we have 3 DPS hitscans (Soldier, McRee and Widow). Pharrah seems unstoppable and is not dying and its not even a phar-mercy!

Next its our turn to push. I told me team I played Shield tank last round and if they let me play Soldier I can probably deal with Pharrah. They say go ahead but that is not usually the case.

When we go to push this time the enemy had a pharrah-mercy. I kill Pharrah and Mercy by shooting them both out of the sky three times before we even push the payload to the first check point. The other DPS is a junk and Hanzo who are not helping with Pharrah-Mercy.

Just by my going Soldier I took care of the Pharrah-mercy so that pharrah ended up changing to something else cause I killed her every time I saw her up in the sky. I don’t even normally play DPS.

So what does that say about the DPS on our team who usually insta-lock DPS and cause us to lose over and over again cause they constantly die, are out of position, and can’t aim. They even try to ULT standing right in front of Roadhog, DVA, McRee or Junk only to be instantly killed or countered and thus waste the ULT.

I understand where you are coming from and have experienced this myself. Hopefully the matchmaker can get these players into the right ELO where they belong such as bronze as quickly as possible and get the players who have common game sense and skill in higher ELO as fast as possible so you end up having players on your team with similar skill to your own.

Of course, this does not solve the issue where players purposely try to lose cause they are tilted.

3 Likes

I have to disagree on one point. Not all level one endorsements are trolls or throwers. I’m level 1 not because I throw or troll or sabotage or flame people.

I leave my games. In qp and arcade. Not comp. if I am playing a game of watch my respawn timer while my team I got because I stupidly solo queue and I get people just spamming voicelines screaming not being organized. I just leave.

I do not care if I am ruining a quickplay or arcade experience by leaving. Because they don’t care about playing as a team. Not wasting my time with it anymore. So I just leave the game. And this is why I’m endorsement 1. Could also care less getting a free lootbox with more dupes of grey and blue items.

Gained 20 levels and did all the arcade dots. I have Doomfish skin and that’s it. And he’s my third least used character. So yeah eff loot boxes.

1 Like

LFG is absolutely dead… on prime time I saw 2 comp games there.

Indeed, im just tired of all the people throwing, leavers, bad players who instalock genji and hanzo when the other team has a bunch of shields. Just my last game I had a mercy who refused to heal people and instead tried to go dps. I wish there were more slots on avoid team mate, 3 isn’t enough with all the people throwing.

1 Like

It’s the amazing placement system for new players.

25 levels of quickplay and 10 placement games isn’t enough to place people properly, apparently.

eg. 700 SR Soldier with no game sense at all placed at 2200 initially. Also coached a silver Genji that placed plat, but was silver skill.

My worst game was at 2k when we had a DVa and Rein both just charge in 1v6 and feed all game. I don’t know if they were both throwing, or just that stupid? And the enemy team was so bad, we still nearly won the 4v8.

SR really is no close correlation with skill at low ELO. Sure, a diamond will smash a bronze, but there’s silvers that I’ve seen play better than plats.
Even had a game with a gold Zen hardly use his orbs at all. Really basic stuff…

I had an Ana on our team yesterday who really thought Ana was a DPS sniper type hero. All Ana did was shoot at enemies, sleep enemies, and nade enemies. Our entire team did not get any heals from Ana.

I was Rein and Ana was standing behind me but I died over and over without any heals. My team even told Ana to heal Rein cause I was at 30 hp for like 30 seconds with my shield up until it broke and I died. Ana was trying to land sleep darts and shoot at enemies but not healing.

So either this Ana was purposely sabotaging the game or the player really is stupid enough to think that Ana is a DPS sniper hero and not a main healer!

This was in high gold by the way.

2 Likes