Ranked is literally unplayable

Made a thread on this topic as well

2 Likes

Because Blizzard took the money and ran when it comes to Overwatch. They made $1 billion on the game, and that was by the 10th month of launch. It’s safe to assume that has, at the bare minimum, been doubled since then.

Rank hasn’t been touched in far too long. No new modes so they can work on “balance,” which anyone with common sense knows is a euphemism for “not investing deeply in the game moving forward,” since balance is an on-going process, especially when they constantly add three new kits to the game per year, and always keep tweaking others. That domino effect means balance is a constant beast to battle.

But, OWL is profitable. They’re making deals with Disney XD. Deals with Lego. Deals for a Lucio cereal. Now they’re deeply in OWL television mode and brand licensing. Which will make them money.

But the game, itself? At this stage, it is what it is, and will unlikely ever be what it could have been.

9 Likes

i used to think people exaggerate a lot when they talk about how every season is worse and more toxic and most of the time they did but after season 10 this game has been going down faster than a crashing airplane. While i like that they keep looking at heroes and changing them…some changes are good some not so much. But it just takes forever for any impacful changes to go live…Pharah and torb were both completely reworked but you can play her while torb is banned ? makes no sense…everytime you get a pharah on your team they will most likely be useless because they don’t know how to adapt to the changes…still that is not so bad

4 Likes

You know why ranked is so toxic and smurfing is out of hand? Cause the ladder is stale and no one is climbing anymore.

Find a way to get those “bad players” who quit to come back and maybe the ladder might feel climbable again.

The minnows and pin fish are all gone in the food chain leaving medium fish and above left. That is the problem

4 Likes

I too stop caring now Hanzo all the time baby!

5 DPS no problem picks haNzo.

Ranked just isn’t competitive at all.

1 Like

I just play placements and call it a season. Have been doing that for a while now on my first account.

I have one account I play comp on and I haven’t been on it in over a week. There are other games and Overwatch just feels less fun than it used to.

5 Likes

Ranked makes me sad :frowning:

1 Like

Not everyone

This post is so false
I’m only lvl 1 endorsement because I have 3 alts I also play on alot.

I find solo queue extremely fun.

Literally everything you mentioned in this post is subjective and far from fact.

You’re right

It’s a MOBA/FPS hybrid

4 Likes

Is this because you cant climb?

3 Likes

Dude, I totally disagree. A lot of people have their main role that they like to play. If you have too many people playing the same role on a team it usually brings down your chances of winning. Either a disadvantage in comp or someone flexing to a role that doesn’t properly reflect their SR.

I personally would love a role que. Knowing that my team is on the role they want to play takes care of a lot of problems and toxicity on the ladder. And people would arguably have a more accurate SR without having to flex constantly

2 Likes

this is exactly what happens in about 20-30% of my games. one guy is playing whatever for fun and basically throwing…so then the other players give up and swap to widow/torb/something off meta and run 4-5 dps to at least have fun trying something new since they think the game is unwinnable

Overwatch has definitely been the most frustrating competitive gaming experience ever for me. The game is complex enough as it is…so adding a very broad range in quality of teammates + the odd smurfs/alts + having to perform means sometimes a victory or loss doesn’t feel deserved.

Had games where I played out of my skull and got stomped, and games where I played like trash and steamrolled. Teammates are the biggest factor but alot of other things out of your control mess up your experience.

4 Likes

So what you’re referring to are specific comps. 3-3s etc.

What I’m referring to is the vast majority of solo q games. People have generally figured out decent 2-2-2 comps, but even in Masters people often don’t know GOATS. It’s hard to get your random solo q team to play a viable 3+ healer/tank comp which puts you at a disadvantage if the other team has a 2-2-2 with everyone comfortable on their roles

So then my argument to you would be. If you had a random 3-3 comp, and a random 2-2-2 comp (all players on their usual roles) the 2-2-2 would be better on average, and have more flexibility in counter picking while still maintaining a strong comp

You are masters and you see “tons”? I literally never see any. Even on my lowest smurf which is at ~3400 all I see are QP groups.

I’m sorry, man. I’m not following your logic on this one. 2-2-2 is just a balanced comp. You can make any comp work, but that doesn’t mean that 3-3s or 4-2s as a whole are just as strong. Sure specific comps, specific situations, specific points may be better without a traditional 2-2-2

What’s your point here, though? I’m not arguing that 2-2-2 is always the best, but if we were to introduce a role que that or having flex slots would be the most balanced way to do it

Edit: The game was designed to have hero roles that provide value for the team.

DPS provide damage and pick potential

Tanks create space, tank damage, provide utility with shields etc

Supports- Heal the team, provide utility

If the meta comps were missing an entire role completely it would signify to me that a role(s) is underpowered or overpowered. You don’t need a 2-2-2 all the time but they should all be useful

Again, not following your logic. I don’t know why you keep catastrophizing a role que like it would tear down all morality and quality of the game. Making comp unplayable instead of more playable and consistent.

It wouls be silly to say the reason I get my enjoyment from Overwatch is because we have the option to run quad DPS, quad tank, or quad support. I like the creativity aspect, sure, but I care much more that the heroes I play are challenging, rewarding, and fun for me. A role que would at least drastically help me and many others get to play their favorite heroes more often

i see your point you think that if we enforce a 2-2-2 comp people will not like it…Here’s the thing you can make it 2-2-2 but without enforced roles…but you might hope to get 2 tank mains 2 support mains 2 dps mains. That’s the first option. That might not work thought but you can enforce 2-2-2 by default and then make a veto system. If all 6 players on the team agree to open up all roles or at least the majority of them then you can play whatever. But i will not have to go in the game and think ok i actually want to play ranked i want to play dva or zarya today…oh wait 4 dps i have to go winston oh wait 5 dps what do i do now ?

3 Likes

Even look at how pro teams are set up. It’s almost always two dps players, two tanks, two supports. They don’t only run 2-2-2 comps.

You could have the same thing with a soft role que. People can pick whatever they want. But at least the team will be balanced in terms of roles

A soft role que would be nothing like we have now