Ranked is broken

Previous GM players are gaining 2 SR as if they are GM but have an actual SR of gold. It is a bug not MMR reset.

to be honest though…i didnt believe them when they said they were gms…they played like regular gold and plat players…they dont even communicate much.

2 Likes

And congrats for that, just don’t get the hopes up when it comes all back up. You were masters. You still have GM to go before you “truly” get to Top500. That’s why you don’t want to wave that around all over the place.

I feel that there will be a lot of people that will put that Top500 icon on from beta season and get a superiority complex from it. When in reality, many of those might had just been Diamonds/Masters.

well 90% of gold dps already think they deserve masters…and they outright refuse to swap off their favorite hero’s when the enemy team (pharmercy in paticular) is rofl stomping the team.

Comms matter but i doubt they played like plats. You don’t just get gm for free, you might’ve just not noticed what they were doing

1 Like

I personally feel it’s less of people willingness to swap, and more from the fellow “teammates” harassing them until they just up and give up. I’ve encountered very few lower ranked people that think they need to be higher ranked. But, being bullied about what you enjoy playing doesn’t help matters.

yeah, i know what you mean…when doomfist keeps sending me to zen heaven and moira to preschool hell… and our dps insist on playing sym reaper…it definitely doesn’t help matters.

Moira really shouldn’t have much trouble with Doomfist and if you’re playing Zen properly, then I would like to say that proper communication with the rest of the team is the problem, not DPS just by itself.

Course, it’s been 3 years now and tanks/support always blame DPS for everything. Nothing new there.

Honestly, they can keep their fancy title. Whether it was a fluke, the beta, or whatever, it doesn’t really matter. I would be fine not hitting t500 again in my life as though I play it competitively, I don’t play it ‘competitively’ if you know what I mean. Like, I just play it to play a game I enjoy, but qp’s ques are too long for too short matches.

Also, people expect you to be amazing. This one guy literally called t500 gods in one of my matches, when in reality for me at least, I’m just someone who plays the competitive but doesn’t take it too seriously. It was really damn stressful too, having to play every single day just to keep it up, which is why I just stopped for a bit and let myself drop out.

The player icon is just a nice little reminder of the beta for me. I’ll probably never use it anyway, not when my queen’s Symmetra and Mercy need their icons up

Well after toiling in bronze averaging 30 elims a game and less than 9 deaths as a dps . I qualified and bam!!! 2900. Now all the you belong in your rank you need to get gud are placing lower because they have inferior Support and tanks. My advice to u all who dropped in rank oh yeah get gud.
Part of this is in jest however but man it was fun with the reset and or bug

ahh i see what you mean…dps have the jobh of having fun…supports and tanks have to grit their teeth and carry…makes sense…you have to do it in masters and gm …why would it be any different in low ranks…

Then you sound like one of the better ones, and I tip my hat to that.

I didn’t mean you, of course, would go parading about with it. Just assuming that many people will, because that’s the nature of people in general.

Long as you are having fun, that’s all that matters.

1 Like

this is so true its not even funny

I am guilty of this.

Though dps right now is a crappy role to play as their are just so many damn barriers and walls and glowy bits everywhere that I’ve been cutting them slack.

What people always forget is that OW is a team based game.

They want to go in, guns blazing, and think they are a one man show.

And then when something goes wrong, they instantly start to blame everyone else except themselves. Did someone else do something stupid? Maybe…it happens…we are all people. But could they had looked at themselves and done something better? Of course. Maybe it was a bad idea to go up without a healer. Or try and flank as Lucio.

The ultimate solution is to just accept that not every game will be a win. And not everyone is perfect, including ourselves.

Same experience here on alt account.

ive stopped expecting anything form dps but egos and “i have gold medal” quotes.

i suppose ill just pull up my bootsraps and take a lesson from gm’s and masters…tanks and supports carry games.

Yeah I liked it better too.

back up, seems they reset everything back to before
role queue beta is back with the previous sr’s

Please. The medal argument is from all roles. “I have blah blah blah medals from healing” when they were partnered with a Lucio. Or the lovely. “I’m doing more damage as Roadhog then our dps.” junk. I mean, the medals are a broken system to begin with and should be removed.

Oh, and they still complain about medals in GM/M.