Rank Update Bug. Was D2 but rank update said P3

I was diamond 2 and just finished 5 games for my placements. The update screen said I was Plat 3 going to Plat 1. The other day I went 4-15 and went m2 to d2 and then 5-3 and went d2 to d4.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment regarding players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

I have a positive win rate this season. How would I be able to show my pre-adjustment rank? The queue menu shows my new rank and my career profile has my career high. I’m not sure if my dropping from masters 2 to diamond 2 in one update was a bug or not. I don’t remember that time whether it said the correct starting rank. I was in too much shock that it dropped me 5 ranks in one update.

1 Like

There’s no way to retroactively display pre-adjustment rank. However, this bug has shown to be account specific and the rank cap seems to be persistent so it is feasible to replicate this bug by simply reranking again. When you do so however, make sure to record a continuous video of the fifth winning game, with your preadjustment rank showing on either the queue screen or career profile, and the rank adjustment animation. It’s very much possible that the demotion from masters 2 to diamond 2 was a bug, but that is hard to prove without knowing the pre-adjustment. I hope this helps.