Rank up from gold 5 to gold 1 after being plat 5

I hit plat 5 for the first time in tank last night and it shows as a season high in comp. However, after my last 5 wins it showed me ranking from gold 5 to gold 1.

How is this allowed? I am seeing multiple other posts about this issue with the 5 division drop into a “rank up” that puts you lower than you were.

5 Likes

same thing has been happening to me. i was gold 5 and it said i went from silver 5 to 1??

1 Like

The game doesn’t know how to lower the rank so it shows the wrong previous rank to match immediately the new rank.

So you just dropped from plat 5 to gold 1 but as the game is coded, it shows gold immediately and it appears as “gold 5”.

1 Like

I’ve deranked plenty of times before without it doing this showing gold. I don’t really think that’s what’s up here.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

I experienced the same bug. Instead of getting rank up after 5 won matches (5 wins, 2-3 loses) when all the time i had highest K/D ratio and most dmg/healing done every match, the rank progress screen shown me that I got promoted from Diamond I to Diamond V (when I was Master V before). That’s so annoying…

1 Like