Rank Up Bug Deranking first

Just had a bug where I won my 7 matches, I was ranked Plat 4, it then showed my rank as Gold 4 and then ranked me “up” to Gold 1.

1 Like

Hi, this is most likely part of the known bug mentioned in this master thread. I recommend checking it out: Competitive ranks broken (master post) - Bug Report - Overwatch Forums

i had the exact same bug

This literally just happened AGAIN, Was Plat 2 just won 7-3 and it showed me as Gold 5 on the Rank up to Gold 1.

yeah same thing is happening to me and one of my friends. My friend contacted Blizzard support and they told him that they are aware that it is a bug, but they can not do anything about it. I went from Plat 5 to the game saying I was Gold 5 ranking up to Gold 1 my friend was Diamond 4 to the game saying he was Plat 5 ranking up to Plat 1 this has happened to us multiple times and I have won over 160 games on support and keep getting this bug unable to rank out of Plat because of it.

This has been happening to me as well. At least 3 times this season. Just recently it showed that I was Plat 5 on the damage role. When I reached my rank update, instead of showing “plat 5 → x,” it showed “gold 5 → gold 2.”

This bug is incredibly frustrating to me.

I’ve posted this message in a few similar postings thus far.

Wow, so this is an old bug, why hasn’t it been acknowledged yet? I just posted my issue here in this thread Game glitched my plat 4 to be gold 4 in rank adjustment - #5 by EnchanterTim-6215

This NEEDS a resolution, I cannot get out of Plat because of it. Every time that I get into Plat the next rank up automatically sets me back to Gold 5. This happens literally every single time.