Rank mismatch during placements bug

Was Gold 3 on Support and after placements was told I was Silver 1 and dropped to Silver 2.
The night before that I placed Silver 1 in DPS and this problem hasn’t happened until now. :frowning:

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment regarding players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Update: The game is so broken that even when playing comp as a Silver 2 and won 5 games lost 2 I was still placed as Silver 2 :smiley:
The funny thing is that in few of my games my team also had the same issue and went from plat to Silver and the games felt so unbalanced because the enemy team had no chance to win.

1 Like

This has been a bug since Day 1 of release, Blizzard has never addressed it and we can assume at this point that they never will. There is currently pending fraud case against them.

1 Like

That is incredibly unfortunate, but for better or worse, it looks like you are far from the only one experiencing these issues…

1 Like

That is news to me. I was aware this bug has existed for sometime, but I was not aware that it has been in the game since launch. As for the fraud case, I was also not aware of this and I doubt it will have any specific effects on Overwatch, but we can only hope that the ruling will somehow force Blizzard to fix these long standing issues.

It appears that finally with the recent update that I can now climb past Platinum 5. The deranking bug is no longer occuring for me anyways. It might have taken 4 seasons and ongoing legal trouble but maybe they finally fixed this issue.

Edit: Additionally it appears as though my internal MMR was ranked up significantly farther then the SR placement because now I am getting paired with Master and GM lobbies.

2 Likes

I am afraid to play competitive again. I have trust issues now lol The damage is already done and I am still stuck in silver, getting out of it as a support is not as easy as other roles, but I will try my best.

1 Like

5 win and 1 loose. I was silver 4 and now im… Silver 3 !!! Im not okay with that… Still a problem cause my friends went gold 2 and she was silver 4 !!!

1 Like