Rank dropping by a whole tier

So this has actually happened to me a couple of times now and I just thought maybe I was imagining it, but just now it happened again and I remember it clearly. I was at diamond 3 on support and I was remember very clearly. Yet when I finished the 5 games, the transition animation indicated I went from plat 3 to plat 1 instead of diamond 3 to whatever it should have been. I didn’t even do that bad with my games, Im pretty sure I was at like 2 losses and the last 3 games were won consecutively. Please fix this. and It would be nice AND reasonable for the devs to compensate this with a reward of some sort because it literally drops your rank by a whole tier.

just a not. this happened twice this season: my tank tier was at plat 5 then went from gold 5 to gold 3. my supp was at diamond 3 then went from gold 3 to gold 1.

3 Likes

The patchnotes for Season 4 claim that the Devs have fixed this five subdivision demotion bug. Let’s hope this is the last time this bug will ever occur.

Istill think we should be compensated

2 Likes

Supposedly, this bug is purely visual and not a system bug, so even if the animation was wrong, your final rank should still be correct. Supposedly being the key word.

hmm. for me the rank that displays on the comp menu, still indicates I have deranked.

UPDATE: i dont think it’s just a display issue. the new season started and the game shows me the rank I ended with at the end, which was the deranked one

1 Like

Funny the same thing happened to me I went 3-1 or 3-2 before the end of season 3 and I dropped from Master 3 to Diamond 2. Right before that I even stayed the same rank. Also I just checked and I don’t have the Master Challenger title so it doesn’t seem like a visual bug

1 Like

Yup it seems a new bug as surfaced. Luckily, the Devs have acknowledged this bug: Overwatch 2 Known Issues - April 11, 2023. However, we still need to keep spreading the word about this bug so that they actually fix it unlike the bugged career profiles and missing end-of-season rewards from other previous seasons like Season 36. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Incorrect End Of Season Competitive Rank And Rewards (Seasons 1-3). Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

Hmm but they dont seem to be aware that this tier deranking occurs mid season as well and not just at the end.

The tier deranking mid season is a rank readjustment bug while the rank demotion at the end of the season is just a bug with seasonal decay being applied even though that was supposedly removed for Season 4. That being said, the Devs need to address and fix both of these bugs.