Rank doesn't go up

About a week ago i started to rank up really fast as i was improving a lot until I got to gold 2 (I am a ‘‘new’’ player so i think that’s pretty good). Suddenly after the usual 5 wins, althought ive always been one of the best players of the match if not the best and had a good win-loss ratio, my rank started to drop drastically (even 3/4 rank at once) until i got to silver 4. Now Im in a elo which i think i do not belong and I am struggling to return back to my ‘‘original’’ rank as the players in my team are much weaker than me. Until yesterday I had arrived at Silver 2 and despite the good performance after about 20 victories my rank has not updated. today after 5 wins, and good performance in every game as usual, I dropped 2 ranks. I would be happy if you could help me because this thing is leading me to a point of despair and making me lose motivation and hope in this game also because my friends who play DPS like Phharah which is definitely much simpler than Genji (hero that I use) continues to rank so fast that we can not even play together even if I am much stronger than him

4 Likes

Had something very similar.
I just started out playing ranked, was on Bronze 3 and after regular 5 wins I got the same notion as I get when climbing but instead to Bronze 2 it was to Bronze 5.

Now I am hestitant as to if I want to put more time into climbing or if it will just happen again. The higher I get, the more frustrating this will be.
Is it the bug I have been reading about all over the net?
Is it some kind of obscure ranking system I have to live with, never really knowing when it happens?

1 Like

what makes me mad is that even if i win 5 games (i know that after 5 wins your rank updates and it doesnt have to get higher every time) and get derank the game doesn’t give me a reason of why i didnt rank up so i cant work on it.

2 Likes

A simple technical explanation would already help so we would know to expect a demotion and not be all hyped for a promotion and then end up feeling like getting slapped in the face.

A bit off topic:
If you want to work on things playwise it really, really helps to rewatch your matches (or situations where you died, didn’t confirm the kill, ect.).

1 Like

i have played valorant before and i mean even if sometimes i got less points after a win or lost too many points after a loss, i could track my rank and how i was going. and the amount of points that i was going to get or lose was based on my performance.

1 Like

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing either the bug that prevents your rank from being adjusted or the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

but how am i gonna get this fixed? i contacted blizzard assistance many times and they told me that they couldn’t do anything about it and suggested me to create a post like this so that a game developer would have noticed it and helped me.

1 Like

The only proven way for issues to get fixed is to promote posts with similar issues and hope they get big enough to garner Developer attention. I’ve created a lengthy list of such posts in my thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment, which I linked above, if you would like to help in getting these issues addressed.

1 Like

Hi there Ive put in 48hrs into competitive mode and have been stuck at bronze 5 for quite some time nothing is changing when I rank up this need to be fixed ive been playing with a new comp player who just got placed at silver 1 whats going on here