Rank decayed at season start (Season 5)

Hi,

I ended S4 at Master 5 on tank. Upon opening the game for S5, I was deranked to Diamond 2 and was told that I would get the Diamond Challenger title instead.

Upon looking at my titles, I didn’t get any titles unlocked at all (no Role Challenger or Open Challenger titles).

I was really excited for my Master Challenger title, too :cry:

4 Likes

Same exact situation for me, ended Master 5 on support and was deranked to Diamond 1. Not sure yet if I didn’t get a title but I probably didn’t either. Really bummed about this :frowning:
EDIT: just checked and i got no title LMAO i can’t with this game

2 Likes

Same. Maybe had I pre-ordered the “PVE” this wouldn’t be the case for me. smh

3 Likes

Same happened to me, was so happy I ended master in open queue and upon opening the game today, have deranked to Diamond 1 and no title.

2 Likes

Does someone know if ranked points are still given to the player according to their rank??
i thought that i will receive my ranked points today but i got nothing? and my support rank vanished when i press on comp.

1 Like

After working my behind off, instead of being placed Diamond 5 like I had been for the last 3 days, I was promptly moved back down to plat 1…

2 Likes

I ended on Diamond 5, got reward for Plat 1.

1 Like

Same, got deranked from Diamond 4 to Plat 1… and also my diamond challenger title was removed

2 Likes

Changed the title to focus on the derank thing since so many other people already posted about the missing titles

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here is a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: End-Of-Season Competitive Rank And Rewards (Seasons 1-4). Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

Bumping this as it’s still not listed as a known issue. Here’s what a GM said in a support ticket:

"I was able to investigate this for you, but I could not find any verified known issues that are being worked on right now.

Because issues with competitive play, points, ranking and rewards in Overwatch 2 can only be investigated by the developers and the game client it is very important to bug report this forward to the forums here: Bug Report - Overwatch Forums<> />
The reason the developers ask for those reports on the forums is not only for the community to come together to discuss them (as sometimes they aren’t bugs) but also it shows how many players are actively reporting it and how much they’re effected by it.

Those reports, in my experience from seeing it on the other side, are vital to getting these bugs fixed by the developers, so please do report that forward. The other reason is because many aspects of the game are determined only by the servers (the customer support team cannot manually adjust them), but the developers can implement fixes for them to trigger correctly."

1 Like