Randomly Freezing in Mid-Game Since Patch

Lol that’s actually pretty funny.

2 Likes

Same thing for me, I no joke lost over 350 Sr back when i was gold. Today i crashed too. It says i crashed the graphics driver. Happens in no other game. Has been happening to me for about 5 months, i find it disgusting that it hasn’t been fixed.

Well that would be very unfortunate. But the only software change made to my computer since Thursday was the Overwatch patch. I haven’t downloaded or installed any other updates for my OS, GPU, etc. I don’t have an integrated graphics card either. It’s very weird and very random total freezes which require a hard reboot to fix. I will post my specs to the thread that Ikkio linked. It seems like that’s the place to consolidate this issue, since it has a blue response.

I just had this happen to me right when I died on Rialto defense. And I’m playing on Ryzen 3 2200g integrated graphics Vega 8.
I somehow managed to get taskmanager to focus and could kill the game.
But same symptoms. Screen freezes, sound repeats.

Literally after visiting this post though, my friend underwent the same crash you guys are having here.

I think it is specific to this patch of overwatch, but it could be tied to the new patch not working on the creators update still but… .definitely something blizzard needs to attend to rather than windows, as its only happening this patch meaning blizzard have done something on their end, as the creators patch would have shown these crashes prior to the patch, meaning blizzard has borked it due to it previously working, and its a COMPLETE SEIZURE of your PC so I expect it to be fixed QUICKLY.
She couldn’t interact, even though being able to open the task manager, she couldn’t actually use it as her screen was locked into overwatch and her PC was steadily crashing, her voice sounded like a robot met a vacuum cleaner and they tried to sing an ear blasting opera through discord until she finally shut off her PC.

2 Likes

I posted it on bittys post about it, but you should try enabling the option in the gameplay settings to “Always Skip Killcam” and see if the problem still strikes, as you can see every single post has the fact they JUST died and were entering the killcam phase as it happened to them.
If you still crash in the same way even with the killcams disabled though I’d appreciate it if someone let me or bitty know :slight_smile:

Edit: It also happens to people on the end of game screen, I have an inkling that it is all going wrong in the transitional periods where it switches from one screen to another, eg the killcam, victory/defeat overlay, the switch to the victory pose screen and such other screen effects.

1 Like

I will try disabling the kill cam if I crash again. I have been playing for a couple hours today, and so far I haven’t crashed. Hopefully it will stay that way. Although, when I have crashed I was not entering a kill cam. It was always a different, random thing for me that caused me to crash, and I can’t figure out the trigger yet.

1 Like

Feelsbad, any other screen effects specifically like the overlay changing, say when the game hits overtime is another crash area, was it possibly around then?
and I thank you for trying it ^^ It may even just serve as a bandaid until the patch comes out by lessening the amount of crashes to a smaller number. that’s at least what I hope happens >.< thanks again nutmusk ^^

Actually, turning off the killcam seems to have made it crash more rarely. It still does at the end of the game, but not after you die. Or maybe it’s just luck.

1 Like

Im glad its partly helped you ^^ Thanks for the feedback too you are the first guy to come back with that information :smiley: If you have any other things to add, try going to bittys thread and helping spread knowledge to the other players in need ^^ <3