Randomly disconnecting from games

For about a week or so, I have been randomly disconnected from my matches after it shows the red icon flashing and it throws me back into the menu or asks me to login again. This only happens in overwatch whether I’m playing quick play or comp, any other game I play doesn’t have any issues and I can keep playing for hours without disconnecting a single time. I called my ISP and they told me that my connection seems good and they don’t see any problems with it.

Hey there Blutz!

Let’s go ahead and have you run a WinMTR network test so that we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions. Use the game drop-down towards the bottom of the page to select “Overwatch”.

Once you have that WinMTR test data in a .TXT file, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR data. It’ll look like this:

WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

First time doing this, apologies if it’s not correct.
https:// pastebin .com/vdTQZz0c

Make sure you put the IP from the game into the hostname field in WinMTR.

The test appears to be to a Blizzard IP, but the vast majority of the information is missing from the test. This can be normal depending on how the ISP has their network set up, or if an older version of the winMTR software is used. I tend to see similar results to this from Verizon Fios users due to their IPv6 network not being compatible with the basic version of winMTR.

Basically what I’m seeing in the test is 1% packet loss somewhere between the client and servers, but it’s important to know where that packet loss is coming from. Could you double check to ensure the winMTR was downloaded through this page, and try running it as admin?

I have seen cases where typing “winmtr” into windows search starts a new download of an older version due to it running a bing search instead of providing local files. When running the downloaded MTR make sure to extract it first, then right-click and run as admin on the 64 bit version. Once it’s running we’ll need the in-game IP as Nicole mentioned.

Hope the info helps. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Yes, I can confirm that I downloaded it through the page that was linked and ran it as administrator. I entered the IPs from a few games that I’ve played, but I keep getting “no response from host”.
https:// pastebin .com/3vzGEP5r

Edit: I don’t know if this is helpful information, but whenever I get randomly disconnected my battlenet also loses connection and I have to click the “connect” button top right.

Edit 2: Can confirm that it’s something with the battlenet app, as I also got disconnected while playing heroes of the storm.