Random voice chat disconnects with router ONLY

During my games, I will randomly get disconnected in voice when playing on a wired connection through my router. I have open mic setting but mute it. Press to unmute and talk, then mute again. During the game, the muted icon will disappear, indicating I am not in chat. I open the social menu, leave the voice channel, then rejoin and it works again. But I do not want to have to do that every game.

I have sent all WinMTR data to Blizzard, tried every technical option they have given me (resetting connection, ISP came and checked ALL my cables and connections for issues, various QoS settings, uPnP settings, I have opened all ports suggested (including the overwatch/blizzard voice chat port), and various other suggestions like no other devices on the router’s signal including wireless). The only thing that has solved it is connecting to my PC directly from the modem with no router in between. However, this isn’t ideal since I have devices like a smart TV, tablet, etc that I like to transition to without having to hookup the router and fiddle with the connection to get those devices linked back up.

Blizzard has offered me no other alternatives and suggested I call my ISP (I have and they did everything they could) and the router technical support was of no help at all and half the time (I called over 3 times) they had no idea where to even start.

My last ditch effort is to just go out and buy a new router that is even better and expensive than the one I have now (despite mine being a new model with great reviews and only a few months old) and seeing if the same issue persists, to isolate if it’s a general router setting or this particular router itself.

Has anybody had this issue? I’m guessing not since it’s very specific…or even any possible alternatives or ideas as to how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

yeh me for like 2 weeks now. have to relog multiple times in OW too. right now can’t log in at all lul. it is probably blizzard side. Like a fistful of my friends have the issue now.

For me it’s just in game I disconnect from the voice channel. It’s definitely on my end, and I isolated it to be the router. If it is Blizzard’s side, it’s some sort of incompatibility with something on my router vs. them, but based on all the fixes that they provided that would help with working with Blizzard’s end, it seems that it’s just my router. I think I may just try a newer and better router and see if that helps, but your issue seems different than mine.