Random Overwatch Crashes not just me but also the teammates

Just had the exact same thing happen in my comp game. Only just reinstalled today after a long break.
Overwatch really has become a joke, no wonder comp is the new QP and so few players remain.

Happened again. We all crashed again after restarting the game & rejoining the group, too.

I flushed my DNS and it didnā€™t happen for a few days, today it happened once again.
As soon as I entered a game, it loaded the map and then kicked me out to the desktop causing me to lose.

Even if you get back in time you still get punished if its at the beginning.

It happened to me a week ago and it happened to me again a while ago. Game crashes without error code, just desktopā€¦3-4 times in a row. Windows 11, Team QP, EU servers.

I concur with this. After i turned off vc for match, team and group I havenā€™t experienced any crashes so far. Still using google dns along with exitlag.

Cheating as a cause cross from my mind too because both times that happens to me, the teams i had joined there was one-two sus dps ā€¦ But usually those ā€œtypeā€ of crashing in game clients it happening only on him that use the cheat-hack or what ever and not to everyone.

This happened to me about 10 days ago. i was in the middle of a competitive game and suddenly im looking at the desktop, with no error messages or sound to suggest that something went wrong.
was not experiencing any lag or other problems before the game went poof. someone else in my team disconnected/crashed/left before i did so it was already 5v6 before my game crashed.
Playing on EU, solo queue, Windows 10.

This is a cheat known as drop hack.
a quick search found multiple instances and references to this cheat.

you guys need to stop trying to sweep this under the rug, this is a real issue with cheats.

i emailed the links to hacks@blizzard.com

2 Likes

Exact thing is happening to me and 5 other random players Iā€™ve met. No error message, instant crash, and it happens one-by-one.

1 Like

happened again just now. was playing on busan. 5 of us crashed to desktop - again with no warning - aside from the PS4 player.

UPDATE: iā€™m being given numerous ā€œlost connection to serverā€ screens and cannot join group voice chat.

I belive it all began since last sombra skin for legue points was added

I am not sure if this is related, but a few players (including me) experienced strange crashes to desktop with no error message in this match. It was only on our team.

9QB725

Iā€™m aware of the ā€œWe are currently conducting a live maintenance on Overwatch, which should take a few minutes. During this time you may need to restart your game client.ā€ message on the Battle.net app but it has been there for a few days.

EDIT: I havenā€™t encountered this issue since then. I also decided to preserve the replay in video here. It looks like the players with non-ascii name tags were somehow targeted first before the rest of our team.

I believe this to be a type of exploit on the game room.

Some days ago I was playing GTA Online (PC), but all of a sudden my car stops, the game menu opens really quick and the game asks if I really want to quit. It kept going on like 4 times in a row, then it stopped for a few minutes, then started to happen again several times in a row.

This is the behavior in GTA when you Alt+F4 it. In Overwatch, thereā€™s no such thing, when you Alt+F4 Overwatch you straight up close the game, which is exactly whatā€™s been happening. It happened to me some weeks ago in competitive, and just now in Arcade.

Having the same issue here.

I crashed 4-5 times in the span of approximately 5 minutes while sitting in a lobby waiting for a game. Several others in my group had the same issue (we were in Discord).

The game just literally closes, as if ALT+F4ā€™ing, no warnings, no messages, the entire game shuts down and Iā€™m looking at my desktop. Everyone else has the same issue.

So itā€™s definitely a fault on Blizzardā€™s end. :grinning: plz fix.

1 Like

Same issue, was in a custom game (2D Overwatch) when my game closes without warning. The game closes faster than it would take if I exit the game with the ā€œexit to desktopā€ button.
I was not in a group

2 Likes

This has happened to me twice before and Just now a third time. Was playing solo, joined an ongoing quick play and after 39 seconds the game crashed to desktop, without any display of error. I had played 3 games prior to this without any issues.

Link to Quick play: 85D1AA

Rewatching the match, I noticed that I was not the only one to crash during the fight, so noted the timestamps for every crash(or leave).

00:02:26 - Agust - First crash (or leave), Tank spot
00:03:36 - Goldenpants - Same tank spot
00:04:36 - Schnapp - Same tank spot
00:04:51 - Halo92 - Crash (or leave), Tank spot
00:05:18 - Zaper - Tank spot
00:05:43 - Sugarburst - Tank spot, clearly moving to attack.

What I found interesting is the first 3 crashes happens with one minute apart, and the only players crashing are tank roles.

1 Like

My game recently had a crash-to-desktop issue. You can find it in the replay.

HVK4N1; 6ā€™07" when I join the server, and 6ā€™50" when I left from crashing out of the game. Other things were going wrong with this game, like the Sigma player who lagged out at 5ā€™31"

My team (team 2) WON the game, despite me receiving a ā€œlossā€ for quitting early.

I have just encountered this as well. Another person in the same match was also constantly disconnecting / reconnecting, so I guess he was crashing too. Was playing Tank in competitive.

Similar event just now. Competitive match, first round on defence everyone on both sides of the team present and completed without issue. Second round, prestart one of our team leaves. Then myself and another team mate get disconnected. Both of us rejoin, and get disconnected. No disconnects on the other team. Disconnected again, rejoined, same thing again and by then, got the banned penalty. Hence the time to post a comment here.

Had already played on another game for a few hours before without issue and this was my second comp. match today (first one, no d/c issues with myself). Solo queue.

1 Like

Happened again just now at random.

We were winning our competitive match and suddenly the game closes with no error drops me back to the desktop.
By the time I get back in, we lost and I got suspended for a dc.

I have been playing the game since 2016 and I never had this problem occur before in all that time. This is getting really annoying.

1 Like