Random losses showing up in my competitive set record

In my current set of competitive matches, I’ve played a total of 4 matches on DPS, going 2-2. I just checked my competitive progress and the current set record indicates 2-3 for some reason, despite the fact that I never had a third loss. I have screenshots of my competitive progress to show that there were only 2 losses, yet the record still shows a random third loss. Can someone help me with this? I don’t want this random third loss that never even took place to negatively affect my re-rank. I work hard to win my games so having a loss that never even took place be the reason I’m unable to move forward in my rank would be disappointing. Thank you.

2 Likes

I tried to resolve it through a Blizzard support ticket and they sent me the stupidest response that literally does not answer or resolve or even remotely come close to being related to the issue I raised. This was their response:

"The placement system in Overwatch 2 Competitive seasons has changed, and is no longer displayed after each match. The competitive division and skill tier will be reviewed every 5 wins, or 15 losses, instead of every single game. If necessary, ranking will be adjusted at that time.

Detailed information about the ranking system for Competitive play in Overwatch 2 can be found in the Overwatch 2 news blog. Initializing systems! Updating Competitive play for Overwatch 2 - News - Overwatch"

LIKE BRUH I KNOW THAT’S HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. I’M ASKING WHY YOU GAVE ME A LOSS FOR A GAME THAT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED???

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate but nothing surprising coming from Blizzard Customer Support. Do you know if that extra loss impacts your 15 loss rerank mechanic, or your winrate percent in the career profile? Could you also include screenshots or videos of this bug?

1 Like

That’s my main issue, I’m worried that it may affect my next re-rank. It would absolutely suck to not move up rank because of a phantom loss. I even gave them screenshots showing proof of the incorrect record by showing my full competitive history proving that there was no 3rd loss there. I’m not sure what else I can do besides that really. It’s upsetting.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I put your thread under: Match History Pages. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

1 Like

Same here. Just got a loss for my game crashing during an “Apply Update” screen. Had 1 loss. Then play a game after my 15 minute ban. Lost it. Check my loss record, now I am 0-3. With a random loss appearing out of nowhere even though it should be 2

1 Like

nice comp system cant even rank up because i keep getting 2 or 4 random losses this need to be handled already

1 Like

Ohh yeah, just happened to me, and it’s end of season and I fell quite a bit so I need all the rank I can get. I was 4-2. I know for a fact I was 4-2, I have the own damn replay system to prove I didnt lose any except too. And yet I still go 5-3? Tf are you even supposed to do here it’s insane

3 Likes

a loss is counted regularly, I was 5:1, the new series was the first win, but the card showed 1:1 instead of 1:0. after the win I went down a few positions in the top500

1 Like

Have the same issue today. I was 3W and 2L in supports placement, then I win once and loose once, and now the placement statistic show its 4-4, I was wondering how does it happen, view my matching history so make sure I wasnt wrong, and yeah, its only 2 games I was played, but the game added additional loose to me for some reason. This is not the first time I notice a similar problem, but before I thought that I was mistaken and did not look at the actual number of matches played in the statistics, but I looked today and was surprised, because I really turned out to be right and the game adds a certain number of defeats to the statistics, which prevent you from ranking up.

1 Like