Random game shutdown

Hi Overwatch (I’m looking at you Jeff),

Ever since upgrading my PC I’ve been having issues with Overwatch randomly shutting down on me during games. My build is as follows:

• MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
  • Memory: G.Skill FlareX - DDR4 (2x 8GB)
  • PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500
  • DISK: SanDisk Ultra 3D - Solid state drive (250GB)

On my most recent shutdown I received the following tracking code:

B59E826B-1A62-4F39-9574-2027656ACC90

Because of earlier shutdowns I have disabled SMT (Simultaneous Multithreading) in the BIOS which until today seemed to have fixed the problem.

All drivers including the bios driver is up to date.

MSInfo:
pc.cd/5GkrtalK

DxDiag:
pc.cd/Rz87

Appreciate the support, if you need any more information please let me know.

1 Like

Since Ryzen CPUs are specifically mentioned as having issues, are you positive the drivers are up to date?

Otherwise, can you please post your dxdiag on a public site like pastebin?

Hi,

First of all thanks for thinking along.
I have used included ASUS software (EzUpdate) to intall the most recent BIOS version. I have just checked the application and it says there is no update available. To be thorough I have gone into the BIOS and penned down the version number stated at the bottom which is:

DxDiag is included above but since the MSInfo didn’t fit into pastebin I used my cloudservice to make a downloadable link for them both. I understand however that you are hesitant to download a file and have uploaded the DxDiag to
pastebin:

pastebin(dot)com/ZvsJUU5q

If you have anymore suggestions please let me know.

The DxDiag shows 6 crashes of your atieclxx.exe file (an AMD Event Manager), as well as two CPU crashes. Since you are using an AMD processor, this is likely that software/driver accompanying it. Perhaps an older version would work better? I don’t have as much experience with AMD processors, sorry.

Also of note is a crash from your EasyTuneEngine, which I believe is for overclocking? I see some posts on reddit saying it caused crashes and fps loss. So perhaps it should go?

Thank you for the effort EasyTuneEngine seems to be a forgotten remnant of Gigabyte software which came with my previously used motherboard.

It apparently did not uninstall with the other software, I have uninstalled it manually just now. Thank you for pointing it out.

I think I’ll wait for a response from the Overwatch team before I go rolling back any drivers tho, while you have little experience with AMD processors I have little experience with processors period :’)

If you want a response from them, you’re best off submitting a ticket. They don’t respond to every thread. Also, just for giggles, it’s worth running a system file check to make sure nothing is corrupted. Run cmd as admin, and use sfc /scannow … it will check for errors and repair them if it can.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll be making a ticket then while I’m at it. The scan returned

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

So that’s something else to rule out ^^

I have the same problem. Did you fix this problem?

If you’re having issues we’d recommend making your own thread. When doing so be sure to provide any error codes\messages you get and a DxDiag report. We’ll be locking this one as it was created in August 2018.