Quitting confused on rank

I play support and finished in gold last season. this season I got back to gold in short time. I stayed in gold for a good lil while I completed the five games at least 3 times before I randomly went down to silver. Then I stayed silver I for the longest and then I just slowly went down and now I’m back at silver 5. I have no idea what I could be doing I’m only getting better I do more healing and damage than I’ve ever have and die less don’t know what else to do. I jus decided to quit

4 Likes

im seeing a bunch of people with this issue and im having it too its been so bad the past week i feel like the devs tried sneaking in a fix and made it worse

1 Like

You are most likely doing “more healing and dying less” due the the fact your constantly deranking and thus vsing lower ranked and less skilled players. You are a support so you are most likely getting less pressure and can just sit there being a heal bot and die less. This does not mean your contributing any more than you were in gold, it just means the enemy isn’t as good and can’t pressure you as much.

You need to be doing damage and pressuring the enemy team as well with your utility. (Unless you’re a mercy one trick. In which case, learn other supports to carry easier). If you can’t carry a silver/gold game most of the time in any role, you don’t really deserve to be ranking up passed the metal ranks…

Watch support players and streamers on youtube/twitch etc and watch how they play, try and learn what they do with positioning and how they balance damage and healing.

Do you really think that a player just randomly got over an entire rank worse with no explanation?

2 Likes

One thought is that this could be due to changes in the player population. When OW2 launched the game got a lot of new players and these players have improved as they played while very few new players have joined since. The result is the overall skill of the player population has increased. The ranked system only accounts for where you are in respect to other players so if the overall player skill base increases your rank won’t go up even though you get better. It gets worse because many lower ranked players get fed up with being unable to rank up (or even getting ranked down) and quit which creates a player vacuum at the lower tiers that pulls everyone’s rank down.

I am doing more damage and I’ve been watching support players on YouTube already. I usually have the most damage out of the supports

1 Like

At this point no one knows their own rank… The displayed rank is a fake and is only present encourage grinding (keep player-engagement high). They want you to stay online for as long as possible and play as many games as possible.

Blizzard has always cared more about increasing the amount of time the player stays in their game above fun. So if they can design a system that makes you do that, that is a win in their book.

If we had SR system from OW1, you would have lost SR aswell, but since you’re under 3000 SR, your personal perfomance would have weighed more and helped you not drop as much if the drop was undeserved.

hi fren, theres lots of resources available on youtube and other sites. the best thing to do, is post a replay code and ask for a VOD review. contrary to what most people think, everyone wants you to succeed in OW, you just have to put in the effort.

i would be happy to review one of your games