QuickPlay (Fix It)

That shouldn’t happen. I rarely see golds. Even harder to find silvers.

But honestly, you can’t expect the game to place you against 11 other master or higher level players. I don’t think there are even that many of them every day, who que at the exact same time.

Add PvE content and that would help QP because the fun crowd would go there instead of QP.

A few days ago I was being matched w/ other Masters/Diamonds, and I’ve been filling Support (Mercy) almost every game since (since nobody in QP cares about structure, it seems) and w/ the added up losses + singular gold medal, I don’t think it was enough to maintain a “Masters” MMR in QP. (Which is weird, admittedly)

1 Like

I keep seeing this in so many threads “The new LFG will save X”…People are getting their hopes reeeeeeeeeally high for it. I hope it lives up to everyone’s expectations or this forum will predictably be flooded with whining threads about it.

1 Like

It’ll definitely make life easier for those of us who rely on solo queue, that’s for sure.

Can’t guarantee it’ll “fix” competitive or QP, but it’s very long overdue.

If you take a peek over at how the matchmaker works, you’ll find the basic reasoning of why QP seems so imbalanced currently.

The main “beef” I have w/ it currently, is I feel like it never works in my favor in that regard. Whenever there’s a very low SR player (out of place), it’s on my team. Whenever there’s a GM/Top 500, it’s on the enemy team. I know it’s pure coincidence, but it’s really frustrating. It’s the mode where you either roll, or get rolled.

4 Likes

I think QP is in a better state than comp.
But that’s ok I am expected to carry 1v6 in comp in order to climb, but it’s different because it’s you and QP. :stuck_out_tongue:

Kind of. On the other hand you have to find groups, which takes time. And let’s not forget trolls and throwers won’t disappear, they will join groups with the purpose of ruining them intentionally. And those ragequitters who drop out the moment you fail first push? They will also be joining groups. Aaand then there’s the waiting time to actually form a group. I wouldn’t expect to get x amount of tanks/heals instantly.

Don’t get your hopes too high up, it’s a nice feature but don’t treat of it as a flaw free one.

1 Like

Oh, I’m going to laugh a certain body part off about a month or so after LFG goes live. Why? Because LFG is going to help people create the type of team-role comp they want, but that’s about it. It’s going to be them, or them and a friend or two, and then randoms.

People on here make LFG sound like it is suddenly going to give them OWL level coordinated teams. Or that teammates will automatically accept them as shot-caller or what have you. Oh, but if they don’t, the person who formed the LFG will kick them (assuming that is an option). I can’t wait to see how many people will spend more time in LFG than playing. Eventually, that will wear thin, too.

LFG is a team-comp organizer tool. It isn’t going to suddenly make randoms any more coordinated together. Reality is going to hit some people a bit hard.

1 Like

I have quite the opposite experience. Quickplay for me is never “turned down”. As a low Master, I’m always against practically GM’s, Actual GM’s and sometimes Top 500’s. And even worse they are sometimes in large groups.

I prefer arcade so it’s not as serious as Quickplay…which is funny to say. My friend who is also Master’s whom I duo with a lot jokes that QP is more intense than Competitive.

I feel like I’ve “lost my touch”. I don’t play as well as I used to. Trying to find a new hero to main might be part of my problem. I never get matched with Masters+ in QP…

Hmm, maybe. Though, in Arcade I’ll have matches where allies are extremely low (silver/gold), with enemies being either equal to me or much much higher. And vice versa. I don’t know what it is, but I assume MMR is involved with the different modes. I sometimes think Blizzard likes to put lower ranked players with high ones for either a sense of light-torture or maybe even charity.

You just need to grind it out… I’ve exclusively played QP/arcade since… Season 7? Think it was season 7 when I quit comp.
All I seem to get in QP is diamonds, masters and GM’s… Masters and GM’s being almost more common than diamonds… And diamond is the highest I’ve been in comp.
It’s still pretty hit or miss if the games are good tho, maybe 1/5 games feel balanced, rest are stomps or borderline stomps one way or another.

Grinding out QP isn’t going to fix how the matchmaker works.
Quickplay needs some serious changes and Blizzard needs to enforce some rules for it.

Hahahahha no.

7 char

QP has separated MMR from Competitive.

QP comes down to:
Get rekt, players leave, backfill continuously until you get the few that want to stay for the xp.
Or
Stomp enemy team, watch their players leave, backfill continuously until they get the few that want to stay for the xp.

But hey

“iz jus qp bruh”
“who cares bruh, jus qp”

I remember a time where games didnt have quick play or competitive, was just one style of gameplay, and that was trying to win.

1 Like

So QP is in off hours mode every time I play a QP game? Be it 12pm, 4 PM, 10AM? Because all I ever get is games with Silvers, Golds, Plats, Diamonds, and very rarely Masters. A mess of imbalanced skill. People complain about the 1000SR range in comp. But it’s okay to have people in 2000SR ranges in QP?

1 Like

Since your post doesn’t attempt to turn Quick Play into a non ranked Competitive I am fine with this. Having a rank structure outside of Comp for matchmaking is good.

However when people try to demand Quick Play becomes their Competitive mode without a rank I have a problem.