Quickplay Ethics Cheatsheet: 10 Tips

wut

2 Likes

Once salary and benefits are involved, people will. Until then, it’s just entertainment.

2 Likes

^ Yet another dude who doesn’t understand what “ethics” means, and the difference between “can” and “should”.

Just as comp is entertainment as well.

1 Like

Yes it is OK to leave. Whether you just don’t want to play that particular match, or you genuinely have to do something, there is absolutely nothing wrong with leaving quick play games.

Yes it is OK to leave. Whether you just don’t want to play that particular match, or you genuinely have to do something, there is absolutely nothing wrong with leaving quick play games. (repeated for emphasis)

1 Like

And why “should” I listen to you?

2 Likes

Rules of quick play:

1. Play the game
  2. If someone says hi or emotes, don’t kill them. (also say hi back)
  3. Always put a spray on the door before you leave.
  4. Protect your healer
  5. Don’t spam for heals if you are dead and Mercy is not on your team. (really don’t spam for heals when you are dead at all.)
  6. You have a voice line for your ultimate charge. Please use it when yours is ready.
  7. If 3+ people die around the same time, wait until everyone has respawned to go back into the match.
2 Likes

If my mother or father is injured and heavily needs my assistance or a ride to the hospital but I’m mid game, I assure you I have my priorities on my parents.

Nah they can wait five minutes.

3 Likes

I’m sure in that situation, no one would blame you for leaving a comp match either.

The payload isn’t going to push itself.
Tell your parents to be patient.

5 Likes

You got me there.

1 Like

Ha, you’d be surprised :wink:

“I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up!”
“MOM SHUT UP I’m playing Competitive here!”

1 Like

In QP I’ll deliberately not tell people. It makes them continue playing the game as seriously as they were before instead of zoning out. If they cared about heals I shouldn’t have been going solo in the first place.

I’ll tell people in comp if I think it’ll help us win. Sometimes it doesn’t.

2 Likes

I disagree on this one. Just like it’s ok if the team form with 6 DPS, you are not required by any means to stay in the role you are until the end of the match.

Playing seriously means you swap when you believe doing so will give your team a better chance at winning. If that means leaving your old role, so be it.

3 Likes

Fair enough I suppose. I was making the assumption that the number of times it’s beneficial to a team to lose their only healer is minuscule.

If you want to play the match seriously, rules 1 and 7 cannot be true. Either you can play 6 DPS and stagger yourself, or you can play seriously. Personally, QP is for option 1.

1 Like

I agree. Most of the time, team issues are on focus and coordination, not hero selection. But there are still moments where role swaps happens, and there should be no ethical rules against that, as long as you follow the caveat I mentioned: You honestly believe doing so will improve your team’s chance.

This do not means “I’ll play DPS, someone fill for my role”. That’s selfish.

You say that as if the OP’s post was created by a concensus (and thus largely considered reasonable). It’s not.

1 Like

So can the solo tank switch to DPS?