Watching highlites from previouse patch can cause crash

while queuing for a game i have been booted from the server multiple times while attempting to watch a highlight immediately after selecting a highlight the game will boot me from the server to the login page, is repeatable and only seems to happen while in queue, bug report overwatch 9-19-19 - YouTube link to an example video, bug seems to happen while queuing any role and selecting any highlight, did not test saved highlites.

(edit: seems to kick regardless of queue status)
(edit 2: seems to only apply to highlites added before the update that are still viewable. new highlites seem to work fine)

3 Likes

+1 Having this issue as well when selecting Highlights.

The same thing is happening to me. I’m on ps4 and click on last night’s highlights then get disconnected. I click on today’s highlights and nothing happens.

1 Like

I just started having this. I have tried starting the game multiple times and trying different highlights, and each gives me “Client requested disconnect.”

I tried running the game, starting a practice match against AI. I saw “applying update”. I figured there might be some kind of incompatibility between the formats highlights are saved in and the new game code, so after seeing this message, I tried viewing highlights again, to no avail.

My wife also has an account and has been logged in for a while. She could view highlights even after I ran all the above tests. I asked her to close the game, then open it, and try to view highlights again, to check whether it has something to do with a recent patch or something. Suddenly she could no longer view highlights.

I just checked one more thing: even trying to just render a highlight to video doesn’t work.

Data structure serialization lol. Thanks for the awesome game.

Hey, OP. Could you edit the post title to reflect the new info about the bug? It’s helpful for their support.

EDIT:
Alright. So if a highlight was recorded today, AND I’ve loaded some kind of game, including the training range, I can open that highlight.

When I open the training range, I see “applying update”, then I’m able to view the highlight.

However, if I close the game, then try to view that same highlight again, I get disconnected.

Hope this is enough info.

1 Like

Same. seems to be happening whenever you try to watch a highlight though, not just when you’re in queue.