Question | How Should Mercy Mains Offer Feedback?

Why do you always have to be so rude? Like, calm down, I am just stating a fact, I wasn’t even insulting you or anything. I guess that good manners are a rarity nowadays.

Oh I’m sorry, maybe I misunderstood your intention at simply making a snide remark about Mercy mains. I didn’t know how “You are privileged, realize that most heroes don’t have a mega thread” is a solution to my OP’s two questions “How should Mercy mains give Feedback when the Megathread is always closed? + Why don’t we have sub forums for all heroes yet?” Care to elaborate how your previous post is a solution to anything I’ve asked and is anything but non-constructive to this thread? :blush:

That could work. I wouldn’t mind if they just done away with all the megathreads altogether and just make actual sub-forums though. Essentially that’s kind of what megathreads do anyway, allow for some select feedback.

But if they must use megathreads, I assume that that would offer atleast some form of a solution - especially if they do it with every hero.

I am assuming that it’s a limitation on this forums platform not allowing them to make sub-forums…

Actually scratch that, it’s apparent that creating subs is possible, I would assume then that it’s simply due to someone just not feeling the need to do so.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/how-to-create-a-sub-category/71558

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

because i replied to someone’s reply on the post??
P.S: mercy is one of my most played heroes and don’t label me as a “mErZy-haTEr” please and thank you.

If you want my answer to the OP:

I think the mercy situation has gone on for too long, making the forums a wasteland of mercy threads. no matter how original you think your mercy thread is, it isn’t, because of how many threads were made literally everything was already said.
When you say the developers don’t listen, I agree. I don’t think they even want to read those threads about mercy, and I kinda agree because there are just so many it’s overwhelming and annoying to deal with. I don’t necessarily think they did a good job with mercy’s rework (heck they just made her stronger and a must-pick until they nerfed her healing). But I can say roughly the same with the symmetra 3.0 rework - Still has most of the issues symm 2.0 had and she’s still considered a troll pick yet I don’t see tens of symmetra threads every single day (there are a few every other day but it’s nothing compared to mercy.)

I think the mercy threads should be stopped because they benefit no one but the mercy mains themselves that like to share their anger with the (justified or not) state of their favourite character. The developers clearly don’t take inconsideration all of the posts about mercy and the rest of the forums community certainly isn’t a fan of the mercy-spam. so my suggestion is to just suck it up and play other characters, because other characters’ mains have had their mains’ state be totally F tier for way longer yet they just accept it because they know the devs don’t listen to feedback so they don’t spam the forums with useless posts.

I never labeled you as anything, I merely said that you were projecting your opinions on Mercy mains (which you were) and not answering the OP’s questions (which you weren’t). :blush:

Fair enough. I disagree with you, but you are of course entitled to your opinion, and I respect it.

I haven’t said this in the OP, but do continue.

Um, I see… So your solution is to stop all mercy threads altogether, and just tell Mercy mains to “suck it up”. So… Basically it will now be against the CoC to post a Mercy thread in these forums. Is that right? You are proposing to get rid of the megathread too I assume?

Are you also saying that there shouldn’t be a sub-forum for each hero then? Because you still haven’t answered my question about that. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

They should, we have too many complains that are beeing ignored

1 Like

“Walls of text” are just the most valuable and constructive way to explain meticulously the problems and how to solve them.

Of course, we could just say “revert Mercy please but add a los & cast time to rez” but when we do, the only answers we got are “lol it’ll never happen u mad” “you only want her op again” “mass rez was cancerous/unhealthy”, while our “walls of text” most of the time open a constructive debate.

1 Like

So you are proposing that every post in these forums must fit a specific word limit. Is that right? If so, what would that word limit be?

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

My only question is what hasn’t been said that isn’t alteady in the megathread though?

I’m pretty sure blizz knows how many mercy mains feel by now…don’t like valk…not fun…not impactful…thousand different suggestions…revert her…it’s all in there already…many times over

The people that give you guys a hard time are not doing it because they disagree (there’s always going to be disagreement)…it’s the fact that we have to hear the same arguments day in and day out…over and over again

Trust me blizz knows…its on them to do something about it (if they agree)

Walls of Text get ignored.

And maybe the detractors don’t even bother reading them.

Thanks for the opinion! My questions still remain unanswered however :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I honestly doubt they know anything as

• It is clear that they don’t read
  • The few answers mentionning Mercy always bring up pickrates/winrates

Please explain me how Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State is still active.

1 Like

Mostly keep things long enough to cover the most important parts, but short enough to keep it interesting.

You really believe that eh? They are not aware?

Because for the most part, it’s an echo chamber that most of the forum ignores.

No idea why “Remove Valk, and put in a 15m High Noon Rez”, requires someone to dig around for 1-2 minutes just to even begin to understand what they are talking about.

Sure, and how would that be done or regulated by the mods to prevent people from writing these “walls of text?”

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I’m afraid of dividing the forums. Ideally, it could work, but the cynacle counter argument is that it’ll increase tribalism.

No regulation needed. If it’s too long, you’ll probably get ignored.

The goal is to gain/maintain developer/forummod attention, and then to get them to see your point of view.

It’s a sales pitch, not a novel.

Sadly they won’t even put a lore tab in game for the animated shorts and lore we already have.

Let alone make sub forums😭

(Good to see you Revertmercy):heart:

I really doubt they know what our concerns are.

Then every topic is an echo chamber that most of the forums ignores.

This depends upon how the op wants to express their thoughts.

I’m willing to bet 20 bucks that megagrave is being flagged by mercy mains themselves.

Second question is good though. It would help a lot to have at least role subforums.