Question From A Doomfist Main

Lol get widow to dive into a full enemy team and see what happens.

Doom needs nerfs if not removed completely. I honestly prefer to play against mei then the fun vacuum that is doom fist.

I would challenge calling many of those heroes “counters.” Most of the escape abilities are very easily stunned out of by any of Doom’s cooldowns. And having range isn’t a counter to Doomfist. I’d almost say it makes you more vulnerable. Doom can cover that distance in under a second, and then he has you singled out far away from your team - an easy kill.

In all reality, we can imagine a scenario for every hero to be a counter to any other hero. But I’m trying to capture what is most commonly experienced. And what I’ve seen - and what many players explain - is that Doomfist is far more oppressive than Widow, let alone most of the roster.

At higher levels maybe but at lower to mid levels you 100% cant that’s absolute bull maybe once in a while & if the Doom does that then that is all your own fault

Two completely different skillsets there is no comparing them apart from a one shot ability

Doomfist is fine it the people complaining that are the issue

U gonna say why or??

which part am i wrong about?

is guardian angel useless against widow?

or is the power to make urself immortal with immortality field not a counter to widowmaker?

or the power to make urself untargatable with moiras fade?

Yeah, brigs shield definitely cant block a shot from widowmaker… can’t it?

yeah lmao widowmaker can definitely kill me while im invulnerable as bap or untargetable as moira… yeah thats a thing widow can do.

widowmaker is just so broken that she can kill immortal bap, kill moira during fade, break brigs shield and kill brig in one shot…

or psst maybe elaborate so people know what ur talking about… just a thought :slight_smile:

I disagree with the no skill and no risk part, but it is cheesy. Any OHK is on very thin ice by default, and Doom’s ability to very quickly make use of 3D movement into a suitable position to get that off comes across as cheesy.

I actually think Widow is one of the lowest-skill heroes in the game, even below Mercy and current FotM; Moira. Outside of pure mechanical aim which you can get from other games or even just shooting bots, Widow takes crumbs of skill compared to everyone else.

Doom in general is in a really tough spot, he just shouldn’t have been made. The amount of shielding and movement he needs pre-baked into his character to be functional is too at-odds with the games fundimental design. The main issue with him is, because of the hit-and-run playstyle, when he’s actually viable he dominates. His kit is built to work in quick bursts while the rest of the game is built around consistency.

It makes it so that Doom can be fair on-average, but most people can’t do anything about him. While it takes a lot of skill to use Doomfist, you can’t really answer what he does. Your winning or losing an encounter with him is based on the Doom’s skill rather than a balance of the both of yours.

Both require skill in my opinion. However, it all boils down to the counterplay. With Widow, changing your playstyle (as you described) is like taking better positioning and have better movement (AD crouch spamming). With Doom, he forces you to switch the hero completely to a more cheesey one like Sombra or Brig. Basically, Doom’s counters are just cheese.

Widow’s one shot requires her to scope in, hold still, flick or track, gamesense, and have the crosshair on your head. Doom’s oneshot quires cooldown management, positioning, and gamesense. What’s devasdating about Doom is that he plays pingpong with your hero, whether you land a shot on him or not, he has shield and now you’re somewhere else completely. His oneshot depends on how close you are to the wall and in most cases you are. In an FPS game, where you can only see what’s in front of you, it’s hard to calculate the distance between you and the wall no matter how good your map knowledge is.

When I die to a Widow, I’m like ok that’s fair, I jumped and made myself vulnerable, but when I die to a Doom it doesn’t feel good.

A difference of 5 meters. It hurts, but not that bad, especially since the minimum damage has gone up slightly.

Not really an issue.

There is no RNG in his spread and there hasn’t been any RNG in shotgun spreads for a few years now.

This is again, false.

This not any different from any other hero.

Yeah, you’re right, Wrecking Ball doesn’t have much mobility at all.

You blanked listed off two instant-kills, which is something no character has, not even Doomfist, that’s false.

This is also false, and it’s not unique to Doomfist, either. Mei is similar, as is Reaper.

This also false. Doomfist does not have the mobility options of Tracer, Genji, Pharah, Moira, Echo, Junkrat or Pharah. He doesn’t have Wrecking Ball’s mobility either. What he has is limited. He can’t charge 15 or 20 meters instantly like Genji, or Sombra, he has to hold it for 1.4 seconds. That also double as an attack. His mobility is more like Hanzo’s or Widowmaker’s. Limited extremely by range.

Then its a clarification, Doomfist still requires aiming to get his attacks off.

One shot, one kill.

Tracking and following a moving target is not hard.

Not in your original quote.

You can’t escape after Widowmaker fired a headshot at you. Fade is useful, but not after being shot and killed.

It’s 120 damage. It’ll block two shots for Brigitte.

Doom is more oppressive because:

1. Widow dosnt get more health each hit or kill she makes
  2. To be affective widow has to hit heads doom can hit body shots
  3. Widow can be countered by shields (there is way to many shields in this game) and good positioning. Doom can kill u even when u have good positioning or shields.
  4. Widow unless she is a god aim or aimbot is pretty useless…doom is more disruptive and takes special heros to take down and most times has to be killed with more then one person focusing him.

Those would be why…and why i go pharah and shove rockets up his backside >:)

if i had to venture a guess, most likely because a barrier can save you from a widow shot and a doomfist punch goes through barriers.

so effectively a doomfist can charge his punch behind his barrier and fly through your barrier and punch you and then uppercut and slam to get away.

or what he’s more known for, his loooong setups where he goes to a place, rocket punch his way across a long distance, slam a certain spot, uppercuts and then uses his rocket punch again to get out.

so doomfist can feel a lot more unfair in some instances because how he works, when in fact he kinda has to play more like that to not risk dying as much.

If this game was about just aiming alone then it would be called COD people need to get over this superiority complex that because they have better mechanical aim they are better at the game it just isnt true in a game like this

Ashe, Hanzo, Tracer, and Doomfist don’t counter a Wdiow unless they are way better than the Widow, in which case any hero technically counters any other Hero if they’re that much better than them. Plus the last three are not Heroes, so they don’t count towards the “more heroes” aspect.

You’re also missing a lot here, especially considering the leeway you’ve given the “Widow counters”.

Of those, only Reinhardt’s charge can be a one shot ability, the rest are combinations or multiple shots.

Hack is a CC ability;

" Crowd control (also called CC) is a term used in [MMORPGs]) (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games) and MOBAs (Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas) to refer to the ability to limit the number of mobs actively fighting during an encounter. It can also refer to abilities that influence or prevent the abilities or actions of other characters"

And that is why Terry Crews should have been the VA.

“It’s MEEE!”

More like the majority of the player base…

1 Like

“Cheesy”

• A move that treats an entire character hitbox like it’s hitting a Widow headshot is the textbook definition of “cheese”.

“No Risk”

• Compare it to a gazillion different mechanics in the game that require practice and mastery.
  • Widow/Hanzo headshots
  • Tracer movement and tracking
  • Genji M1/M2 and cooldown/reset management
  • etc.
  • Pretty lackluster in skill in comparison to those.

“No Risk”

• Assuming he uses rocket punch first before anything else, he already has some of the best escape abilities in the game.

No, but her attacks hit instantly and have no falloff range.

120 damage per shot is about 60% of the average non-tank heroes’ health, so this is effective.

Good positioning will limit Doomfist’s effectiveness as well.

The comparison is false, there’s plenty of counterplay against Doomfist.

A lot this has been (rightly) tweaked to the point where very few instances of this works anymore.

This is correct.

I’m largely including ultimates into the equation here.

Primarily, most heroes deliver damage through the LMBs or RMBs. Abilities like those that Hack affects tend to be supplemental (there are exceptions). Hack affects some movement abilities, but as far as this game is concerned, EMP and Hack aren’t crowd control abilities, but silences and their disruptive nature tends to vary wildly.

Again, you just declare something you don’t like false. You wanting it to be false doesn’t make it so. That is comparable to a little kid going, ‘Nuh, uh.’

Really? First of all, you just said ‘His getting the higher ground easier than most heroes is no different than any hero.’ Not sure how you think that works. Second, I certainly hope you are not suggesting Doomfist you believe Doomfists mobility is no better than other heroes. Cause, if you are, just wow.

Wrecking ball doesn’t pose and instant kill risk. Nor does D.Va, or Winston, etc. So, if you think Doomfist should be in line with Wrecking ball, lets nerf his damage A LOT. Cool? Somehow I suspect not.

Incorrect. Let me explain. I said:

Which is true. The first is of course rocket punch which can EASILY one shot a target. So, there is your instant kill. The second, the combo which can absolutely kill a target. Even just jumping off a payload can easily push it over the 200 damage range. It happens extremely quickly, as in about half a second. That is your near instant kill. So, he does in fact have 2 instant or near instant kills. Just because you don’t want to admit something is true does not make it false.

Yes, they both have abilities that let them live longer. But, particularly in the case a Mei, it stops them from acting. And neither of them have the same kill potential or mobility. I don’t think you are grasping the issue.

Lets make is simple. Sure, there are some heroes with mobility comparable to Doomfist. Not many, but some. Sure, there are some with nearly his durability. Sure there are some with nearly his kill potential. But, notably, there are not any with all three. It is the combination of his extreme mobility AND high durability AND high kill potential. And that is not even factoring in his disruption potential. If you do not have a CC, you can’t really stop him. That is the problem. Without CC he is stupid OP, so you HAVE to play characters that can CC him. There are no other reliable answers.

First, that is only a small portion of the roster. Even if what you said was true, it would still leave him at the top end. But lets look at this.

Tracer: She has more horizontal then him for sure. But he has a lot more vertical than she does, which comes into play when talking about high ground, which is the context were were.
Genji: Sure, he has more. In fact I said that. Doomfist has almost as much, but not quite. Still puts him on the high end.
Pharah: She has more vertical, but he has a lot more horizontal. I would call it a wash. But, for the sake of argument about high ground, lets give it to her.
Moira: Nope. She has one movement ability on a 6 sec CD. Uppercut and slam are 6 sec CD. Rocket punch is on a 4 sec CD. And she has no vertical mobility at all.
Echo: Sure does.
Junkrat: I hope you were kidding here. His 8 sec CD mine has nothing on Doomfist.

So, lets see that makes Pharah, Genji, Echo, and lets add Wrecking Ball (for the sake of argument) with better mobility to the high ground. Okay, so of the hero roster that makes 4 better. Want to count how many that makes worse? So, he still has more mobility than MOST of the heroes. Making my statement correct.

Again all of widows damage and useful she has to hit so staying behind a wall/shield she becomes useless. With doom he can jump into the middle of a 6 man team kill a squishy and jump out without loseing much health if any at all due to his shielding he gets. So even good positioning dos u no good as he can jump on u no mater were u are even behind a shield or wall. So thats why he CAN be more oppressive. But a good widow can take options from u but is more easly counterable by one player vs doom that sometimes take 2 or more to kill or stop him. Again in dont find him much of a problem as i main pharah so hes just a loser with a michel jackson glove complex :crazy_face:

In the heat of a fight. Random traps are junkrat’s strongest ability.

Doomfist has two ability that does high burst damage and the damage charges up. And that’s the 125 slam and a decently charged rocket punch. Both being able to cancel, boop away for no damage, and blocked. Which is still less than a junknade. Meanwhile all of junk’s ability do high damage. Hell, even his trap does 80 damage.

Their recovery times are simply based off the airlock. They can still shoot without a recovery time, doomfist cannot.

Rocket punch is most definitely not harder to pull off. Is it difficult? A good bit, yes. But his combo has such a long time to be canceled and disrupted, that you’re better off punching.

IMO it was dumb how they kept nerfing his combo and yet only really changed the charge up time of punch :confused:

Yeaaaaaa ur canceled.

Doomfist doesn’t stun. So nah, escape abilities aren’t really affected. Unless they straight up decide to time it with his slam hitting the floor, which is entirely their fault for deciding to do so.

You’re investing your abilities just to even get to them. Leaving you no way of escaping. Not to mention most of the ranged heroes have mobility.

Soldier - Sprint
Hanzo - Leap
Widow - Grapple
Ashe - Coach gun

So even if you get up to them? They’ll just create even more distance and you’re left with nothing to kill them with.

Can be canceled, simply dodged, and displaced by boops.

Needing to know the right time to use it, how to use it, who to go for, and actually aiming it and making sure you’re not off by even a bit seeing it’s a straight line attack.

He can be stunned after punching and completely melted before even uppercutting :confused:

Or any meta DPS.

Come to think of it, there have been more DPS heroes being hated on than the other 2 roles. I mean, the number difference in roles might be at play, but suggesting a buff to a certain DPS will net your more hate than doing the same thing with the other 2 roles.