Question for tank mains

No. You’ll have more control of your matches than ever.

3 Likes

Yes because I worry over whether the tanks will be independent self sufficient tanks or glorified punching bags that spend most of their time walking back from spawn.

4 Likes

I’m worried we’ll devolve into a cycle of one or two tanks dominating the ladder and the rest being garbage.

4 Likes

Tanks will suck to play. Buff said.

1 Like

Once upon a time when role queue didn’t exist I was stuck playing solo support or tank anyway, so its really just a return to those times. However, its still better than without role queue because the enemy team is forced to have the same restrictions.

I mostly have played Sigma, Hog, Rein, Orisa and Winston who have all traditionally been sufficient solo tanks. Its mostly concerning how they will manage to turn Zarya/Dva into viable tanks because today they have too many holes without that other tank covering up their massive weaknesses as tanks.

1 Like

Yes. Extremely worried.

With one less tank to protect and less healing, tanks need some kind of damage resistance / HP buff. Because if DPS is not toned down, they’ll keep exploding in seconds. And I’m even more worried for how useless the Support role will feel. Literally just easy targets for the ultra buffed hyper mobile extra speedy DPS.

Yes, if i want to play fat dps, i play dps, or hog, but sometimes i do want to play tank instead. OW2 seem to take that option away.

6 Likes

Yes, because I’m worried that tank reworks will remove fun aspects of their kits and they won’t be beefy enough.

3 Likes

A little but not really.

The whole point of 5v5 is to fix queue times, and they can’t do that without tank players.

So even if OW2 launches with tanks that aren’t buffed enough, they will eventually get those buffs.

And while some DPS will complain, you’d lose more with bad queue times.

… not really since I no longer played tanks in OW1 (before I stopped playing the whole game) because their balance decisions completely turned me off the role. So in that regard I don’t care what they do, heck, maybe drastic changes end up being something that brings me back or maybe those changes will be even worse in which case I just keep not playing. So whatever. I bet if I was currently invested in OW1 then I’d be worried but I realized their direction for tanks is not for me so at this point I’m open for changes. So far OW2 doesn’t look promising either for instead of that sole tank allowed to be strong at tanking it seems like those abilities are nerfed even further while DPS reign supreme. I’m not interested in some discount COD or whatever generic shooter number 1278461204 they try to be but I guess we’ll see.

I’ve shot straight past worried and, likewise, left caring in the dust.

If it has a good PvE AND my friends play it I’ll probably stop back by for the PvE.

No, if anything I’m excited

No more double shield, no more having to play around a random tank when high up the role dictates the tempo and style of the game, no more one trick hog as my other tank, plus we get a bunch of new tanks and maybe some buffs. And top it all off, the one DPS I play, doomfist, might be coming to tank role

3 Likes

Nope, I will be dps main in ow2.

I am worried about solo tanking. I have had horrid experiences solo tanking in the past, and I am wondering how Blizzard will make it not horrible.

I am also worried about how only having a single tank will impact the fun of the game.

2 Likes

I will “try” the tank role and give it an honest shot. But only so I can have an informed opinion. My truth is, the moment I heard about 5v5…I stopped playing tank for the most part. Of course I switched to support and with what’s coming out about Support changes… I pretty much plan to lengthen DPS queues. Because the devs at Blizzard …. Well I’ll let you decide what I was going to say after that.

1 Like

I am worried.

Because once the best brawler of the bunch is figured out you’ll be hounded to play them otherwise you’ll be seen as throwing. I’m honestly expecting a lot of false reporting to follow.

Not to mention as they currently look like total pushovers and some outright trash compared to live (looking at you Zarya) isn’t very promising.

Yeah, and I’ll probably drop the game for the most part cause of it.

You don’t actually have to. You only by the PvE. They’ve stated that the OW1 servers will be ported to OW2 and you’ll get that PvP part for free that way

Not at all.
I like the changes in OW2.
I can’t wait for it.

I am quite apprehensive about Overwatch 2.

With the more flanker-centric style and faster dps move speed I feel like the slower tanks like Rein will have a lot of trouble catching anybody other than the opposing tank.

For D.Va, I’m worried that there has been so much matrix bypassing damage in the game that she won’t be able to reliably protect her team mates as well as things like a Roadhog hook essentially being a death sentence for her.

For any tank, I am still afraid of just exploding peeking a corner. Even though there is less overall damage through a fight, it is the burst that really kills tanks and there doesn’t seem to be much going on that will lessen that. If anything, things seem to be going in a more bursty direction with CC abilities being replaced with more damage. That coupled with significantly reduced healing makes it seem like tanks are going to spend a lot of time poked out of a fight, or if they do try to commit, get kited out and burned down.

With 1 less tank and the significantly reduced CC there won’t be much peel available for the supports, leading to your team crumbling if the other team has a good flanker.

Nah it should play fairly similar: follow me and we both live, or go do your own thing and we die. Flanks will still be important, but there’s always going to be a frontline to defend. The other roles are in for a rough time though, since trolling will be easier than ever in tank role.