Question for support mains without a perfect aim

…Zen is the only support I refuse to play. That explains it, I guess xD

It’s actually slower than hanzo’s old projectile speed in OW1 prior to his rework where his projectile speed got buff and nerf but still faster than the original speed.

Zen is just a pure disgrace for me.

With Kiriko I don’t have much kill, heal or damage, but I still manage to win games.

Why? Because of the utility she bring. A 120 damage hit is not very good on the damage counter, but it is enough to either kill a damaged target or make flee a dps or a support.

Her protection suzu is very very good, it remove MCcree bomb, remove mei speed debuff, raise from earth shatter, etc.

So stats are not representative at all of Kiriko contribution in the team.

I can’t aim either but getting used to her movement and attacks in Deathmatch really help. You can practice the healing and teleporting bits in QP or Arcade. Or even the Training room.

You shouldn’t be aiming for peoples head at distance. Her projectiles are far too slow for that. What you should do is aim head level in the spot that they’re strafing in so they’ll inevitably walk into them.

1 Like

I might not mainly be a support player but I’ve basically been onetricking her since launch now and I can honestly say that if you just onetrick her for a bit + are comfortable on your sens you’ll start to win duels soon enough and get wayy better at her
Like sure majority of your kunais in the match will obviously be trash damage or will just straight up miss but you’ll start to pop off more over time and win 1v1’s consistently

1 Like

I feel like they are plenty big enough. I’m not trying to two shot enemies from across the map. Most of my kills with Kiriko are from close-range duels.

Senpai! so tell me…if I learn to play this female Genji, would that help me to learn Genji?

1 Like

yea, she’s mostly a close to mid range fighter, if you’re fighting at range, you’re just spraying and praying at head level.

LMAO
Hmmmm yeah you could for sure get used to wall climbing, hitting the projectiles and contesting high grounds with her and winning duels on them or just in general
Like yeah I personally play her as a semi Genji sometimes by genuinely being a menace on highgrounds and trying to contest enemy dps for example trying to make use of them
That’s all stuff you can do with kiriko and probably should if your teammates aren’t doing it but will result in you improving with that stuff on Genji too
I can’t type sorry for the wall of text hahahaha

1 Like

Actually the Kunais are projectiles so pharah players should feel more at home with her kit. Sure, they’d have to get used to do headshots for the extra damage, but it’s more common to Pharah than Widowmaker.

In general, once again, it feels like a hero designed for their cash cow, the Overwatch League. A hero designed for the top 1%, not for “the common clay of the new west”.
A hero designed for the wrong audience.
However since all of OW2s balancing is going in that direction and the Devs are deaf/mute/blind like the three famous monkeys it doesn’t even matter what they do anymore.
“Woohoo, new champ.”
“Yay, it’s just as bad as the rest of the game.”

Yeah, I was already told she is projectile…
This is ironic, cause Phara is my number 1 dps main and I don´t feel “at home” with her, lol…
Mostly because I am used to shoot with phara from the hight - usualy in front of the person, as I predict their movement - mostly succesful, while Kiriko is aiming from the ground - on a different level. I would say more Genji/Hanzo like, which are heroes I suck with…

1 Like

Definitely try keeping your crosshair at head level and also for small movements just use your movement keys for aiming instead if you’re on the exact same level as your enemy atleast

2 Likes

I was just about to say: from experience just play her attacks like Hanzo.
However, Hanzo’s arrows early on were buffed to be “flying tree trunks” regarding the size of the hitbox.
Kiriko’s Kunais are the actual size “WYSIWYG”, at least it feels like that.
Swiping flickshots however feel right for me, just as I would play Hanzo on a good day.

1 Like

I pretty much heal bot Kiriko and jsut chime in with some damage her or there. Occasionally getting a crit that leads to a kill for a teammate or a minor amount of assistance damage. I don’t think I need that much dmg to make a change. Somehow seem to have a 58-60% win rate so far after 5hrs.

1 Like

I think Hanson’s arrows are smaller or same sized as the kunai he only needs the one headshot ofcourse makes a word of difference.

What damage ability? She just has an alternative fire.

It’s not that hard to aim compared to shuriken or Sojourn’s railgun either.

That´s my point. YAsking my fellas support mains, who don´t play Genji and Sojourn xD