Question about SR when disconnecting

I’m rather busy lately but I managed to find time for 3 games today. All 3 were super competitive games that went into overtime and I managed to win all 3. However, I dc-ed (for god knows what reason, my internet was fine) during the last game but re-joined. I can’t rmb the exact value but it looks like my overall SR dropped even though I won 3 straight games???

Really curious as to whats exactly is the penalty is for leaving? I have never leave games before and I didn’t know the consequence was so serious. Isn’t a little unfair for someone who dc but tries his hardest to get back into the game and eventually win it? Especially a SR penalty that is > 3 wins??? Should they have a system that maybe giving the leaver that penalty if the team loses (could be because of the 5v6) or if the team won without you? Sorry for the rant but i kinda feel a little unjust here.

this just happened to me too. I am hoping to get an official response from Blizzard about it. Probably going to determine if I keep playing tbh…

DC and lose 50SR. The end. The cool thing about it is, if you win games after a DC and SR penalty, you get SR bonuses to get you back to where you were. No blue post to prove this, just my experience. Keep playing and you’ll probably see the same.

If you DC, we don’t want you to play. Fix you’re setup or gl in life.

Whether or not you get the 50 SR penalty depends on how long you were dc’d for.

See How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 12) → Leaver Penalty for a summary of the rules, and see the references for Blizzard’s reasoning.