Question about competitive bans

Heya guys, i have some questions about how the bans actually work… i tried to talk to the support and they told me that bans actually never reset
i dced some games becaue of my internet ,since the beginning of the season and im at a 20 hours competitive ban right now…
Im just wondering if thats actually true, cuz if it is, i may actually quit this game, since im studying at a place that doenst offer good internet, and i still need some years before i can go finally home…and dont get me wrong but im not gonna play QP forever…i only enjoy comp games.
Please tell me if i have like 20-30 comp games without dcing, that my penalty will reset… hope you guys understood my question.

Yes, it does reset downward if you play sufficient number of games without dcing, as long as you have not been season or perma banned.

That being said, at a 24 hour ban, you are one dc away from being season banned. You really should not play competitive on flaky internet.

1 Like

If you know for a fact that you have bad internet, don’t play competitive. Stick to quickplay where if you leave it’s not a total let down and abysmal practically-instant loss to your teammates.

1 Like

let’s say I’m super toxic one game. after the match is over I exit the game. Then during the stats and vote card screens everyone reports me and I actually get banned. Then I go on vacation and don’t play Overwatch for 2 weeks. I come back from vacation and start playing Overwatch. Will I be banned or not?

So basically the question is, if you get banned when you are logged off. Does the ban start immediately or does it start when you log back on?

I’m guessing it would start immediately because I’m guessing you would get an email saying when the ban starts and ends.

Bans start immediately. You can wait out your ban by going on vacation.

1 Like

i actually play more than 10 hours a day, and i disconnect once/twice a day max…
i can wait for a day when i think my internet is alright but if it doesnt reset, there is not much i can do xd…

You dced more than some games my friend bans start out at 10 mins i DC maybe 6x or less a season and never go over the 10 min ban after the 10 mins you get some 8hr bans then it moves up. If you know you have trash connection stay out of comp… no one cares if you only like comp games your selfish choice ruins the game for 5 other players…

1 Like

If it never reset, you would have been season banned within a week on a leave or two a day. See How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 12) → Leaver Penalty.

You absolutely should not be playing competitive at all. If that’s the only game type you enjoy, find another game that isn’t team based.

Just noticed your username, so I assume you’re trolling.

i see thanks for the info bruh, also im 100% sure i got a 20 hours ban( not a 24 hours), does that also means the next one will be a season ban? my friend also told me he got 2 days ban before getting a season ban…
Luckly i can escape the season ban… lets pray lul

To be honest, I don’t have official data on the exact durations of the various bans. The numbers I have come from an old forum post (Overwatch Forums) and Blizzard can change them at any time without letting me know.

And I’m not going to buy a throwaway account just to confirm/deny numbers that can change at any time anyways.

I guess if you wanted to start writing down your SR, leaving ban durations, and date of game, for every game, I could start doing analysis on it. But without that, my guide is, by necessity, a bit approximate.

makes sense, even so thanks.