šŸ›  Quality of Life Suggestions [Last Updated: Apr 20th '19]

UI changes are pretty frequently requested, Iā€™ll probably added this to the list now.

I canā€™t really see any argument against having more UI options.

1 Like

General

• Activating an ultimate will display it in a separate ā€œkill feedā€ for spectators
  • All ultimate voicelines while in spectator mode increased by 25% in volume.
  • Allied ultimates will now always be able to be heard regardless of position on the battlefield and will have a radio transmission effect if they cannot be see, along with displaying an icon of their face somewhere on the UI.
    *Spectator mode will have set voicelines for team 1 and team 2 (hostile/friendly.) Switching perspectives will not change the voiceline currently playing.

Supports

• Supports under attack will have their outline highlighted and a symbol will display for teammates
  • All supports will now say their ā€œHostileā€ voicelines for themselves

Mercy

• Increase hostile ultimate voiceline volume by 25%

Roadhog, Torbjorn and Bastion

• Add friendly ultimate voicelines

Iā€™d love this one. To hell with looking at the text in the corner.

1 Like

I would love it if there were some sort of noise indicating that the game has started, or is about to start.

Many times, Iā€™m doing something else while also playing Overwatch. And especially if your skirmish map is the same match you were on, itā€™s very easy to miss the game start, and you start behind. (Especially with defense maps).

I think a countdown would be easy to implement.

Hmm, Isnā€™t there already a notification of some sort.

I also tab out a lot and I know something usually prompts me to jump back in before the round starts.

I guess Iā€™ll pay attention next time I tab out to see whatā€™s actually happening.

1 Like

Iā€™d just like this to be customizable. Iā€™d like to be able to shoot as soon as the wraith times out by spamming left mouse button without it automatically cancelling (say Iā€™m getting healed or theyā€™re taking damage or Iā€™m closing/gaining distance on them, etc). Having a separate key to cancel other than the key that initiates wraith, and having a toggleable option as to whether primary fire also cancels would be good.

Unrelated, Iā€™d like to be able to change the transparency of the TAB screen.

There kinda is, but itā€™s music. If you have music turned off itā€™ll probably have no notification(s).

Hero info screen: second page added that displays all the hero tips normally only shown when respawning.

New sound effects added: alerts for when a teammate dies, and when they respawn/are revived.

New hud option: display the Team status bar (normally only shown during PvE events). Includes an opacity slider.

New hud option: When a teammate leaves your field of vision, their chevron minimizes and wraps around to the side of your screen theyā€™re closest to. Includes an opacity slider.

if there is, Iā€™ve never heard of it.
The only notification is ā€˜attack starts in 30 secondsā€™ (or whatever it is) or ā€˜prepare your defensesā€™ or worse, the countdown when you are defending.

I think that could get rather cluttered.

1 Like

It can be made a toggleable option and also have an opacity slider.

1 Like

This x1000. Two things Iā€™d like to see:

• The ability to move things like your health/cooldowns to anywhere on the screen.
  • Party frames. An at-a-glance UI option that tells you your teamā€™s health and composition. It appears in a few modesā€¦bring it to QP/Comp.
1 Like

Hereā€™s some additions:

1. Lucio plays mexican music when hacked
  2. Crosshairs are now savable
  3. Now when pressing the ā€œFā€ key when looking at an enemy that is below half, you will say ā€œFocus ā€˜Xā€™ Characterā€
  4. If you have a private profile, you can select 5 of you favorite heroes to be displayed when players hover over your card.
  5. people whoā€™s profiles are not private can be hovered over once again.
  6. You can now choose to see enemy skins or to have them set as default.
1 Like

I was so happy reading this.

Then I realized itā€™s just a suggestion and not implemented.

The big thing that Iā€™d personally like is a scalable UI so I can enlarge everything so I can see it better.

I think some audio needs better enchancement, I think a separate tuner for ā€œaudio cues/interactionā€ and ā€œmanual voicelinesā€ would be nice as well. It would help tone down your game a bit without you having to turn up the volume or the music off.

:3

1 Like

Moira having a call-out when her healing meter runs low would be fantastic.

Like in Junkensteinā€™s on the top left where you can see their little heads, health bar, and ult %?

This may not count, but Iā€™d like it if Orisaā€™s shield had a timer for when it will expire. But more than that, Iā€™d like to be able to orient my shield BEFORE I throw it.

My biggest quality of life requests are as follows

1. Cloth collision physics on the enviroment (No more dead mercy cloth clipping through the ground, and etc.)
  2. Better ragdolls (sometimes they always slump to the same dumb pose because of bone model constraints or SOMETHING)
  3. Voice lip synced voice lines (I really dont know why this isnt a thing, it was 2016 when the game came out, TF2 is over a decade old and had it in beta, WHY IS THIS?)
1 Like

Oh, loveā€¦ We have been asking it for 2 years and blizz ignore us. Just a red skull above hacked, itā€™s so easy to doā€¦ Now we have glimpses, spinning around hacked opponent. Sometimes after EMP I canā€™t understand hacked the guy or notā€¦

Orisa

• Supercharger now fully refills the ammo capacity

• Halt now have a counter similar to hammondā€™s shield counter.

This is in the game, she says she needs to recharge once she runs out

1 Like