Quality of life ideas

do you have any plans to improve shadowstep sometime soon?

Maybe skip the next round of bug fixes/balance changes. The game is fine. What else is on the list?

1. Right click to go back while navigating menus. Esc requires two hands for menu navigation with the other on the mouse.

‘‘the game is fine’’ LOL

1 Like

More slots for sprays and voice lines are needed, there are so many now

3 Likes

So you’re saying shadowstep changes are better for the game than QoL improvements? LOL yourself.

no thats just one problem how the heck can anyone think this game is completely fine

1 Like

when a dev comments on this thread but ignores the 3-5 rein megathreads, 2 bastion megas, many mercy threads, etc.

12 Likes

Quality of life ideas?

Nerf Doomfist.

:wink:

I’ve wanted 2. for such a long time now! Do you know how many voice-lines I want to equip for Reaper and Zen, sprays for Mercy, and emotes for everyone?

Badly.

Very badly. Please Jeff, have your team look into it as soon as you are able. Please, and thank-you! <3

Add them! You guys make such good quality stuff, its a bit disheartening to not be able to use some of it due to the in game limitations (Such as preferring 2 of the 5 highlight intros thus being forced to use 1. Or loving all the new Dva sprays but only being able to use 4 of the 8)

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f8cae265542ac29aa6d00dcbeab7bfd9/tenor.gif?itemid=7178438

Guess i’m wasting my time in those threads after all…

I’d be more important if i just didn’t know how this game worked, instead of being a long time player with real opinions about game balance.

Why?

New players bring in more money, and more players.
Why address the old ones if the new ones are more valuable at the time?

8 Likes

AH and then the when we get time. If only there was not something draining time and resources from the game. :open_mouth:

OWL whining aside, myself and I think many ohers would welcome taking a break from events (especially now that they are on full repeat) if for a while it was just balance and QoL changes

sums it up about right yes

1 Like

OMG ITS FINALLY HAPPENING

In contrast to cosmetic QoL improvements, I’d really like to see some gameplay QoL improvements.

One thing that’s been annoying me lately is the lack of setting to adjust the teammate death icon opacity. Currently dead teammates can prevent you from clicking heads on the objective, which is irritating in the extreme when it happens (not only did they die, now they are preventing you from shooting the enemy!)

Another thing that’s super important but has been overlooked is the lack of “Focus Hero X” or “Hero X 1 HP” line on the Comms Wheel. This one comm is like half of all voice comms right now and really really important. I wish it was added to the wheel already: there are many players who play mute/deaf/muted in game.

1 Like

Hello Jeff. How do you like the idea of changing the interface? I am a person with poor eyesight, I see only the left eye and it is more convenient for me to look at the left I have the right to change the interface, color, transparency, layout, size, such as the band of health, ability to rollback, murder tape and so on. The more interface settings the better. And I think such an opportunity will prove useful to many. Thank you.
P.S. I apologize for my English, use Google translator

I apologize, but the change in the transparency of death icons is in the transparency settings of the indicators.

I disabled my wheel.

I only use 1 default spray, emote and voiceline per hero.

mmmm…

I was hoping you had 5 to 7 people working round the clock on QoL :frowning:

It might be a bit too late to chime in, but could I add a few more quality of life ideas?

The TAB screen provides useful information, but it’s not very accessible in combat since it blots out the entire screen.

The Team Status Bar from the PvE events provides the same info (and more) without interrupting the flow of gameplay, and looks really cool. Could we please get that as a toggle option?

The addition of seeing teammate outlines though walls has been something I’ve wanted for a long time. Thank you so much for adding that!

I’ve noticed that in other multiplayer games, teammate chevrons wrap around to the edges of your screen when they leave your field of vision. It’s really helpful for tracking down teammates when you need to locate them as fast as possible.

And finally: this one borrows from Heroes of the Storm. The in-game “hero info” pages for Overwatch have a lot of blank space at the bottom. For the sake of new players, could that area include a description of the hero’s role/playstyle, and their general strengths/weaknesses? This would also be a big help for established players who want to branch out and expand their hero pool, but aren’t sure how to properly play these other heroes.

2 Likes