QP's Role System Right Now is what 2-2-2 should be

On live right now when you are in QP you just have to have 2 of each role and aren’t role locked. I honestly prefer this over role que/role lock because you and someone else are able to switch roles if need be.

It promotes team communication b/c to do so AND it also allows for people who were flex players to still have the possibility to flex (and now even better I’d say)

1 Like

This is actually not intended and they are working to fix this:

6 Likes

Please don’t leave it for a bit then, pole the community later.

No lol
Join game, role you wanted to play is already locked, leave game.
Repeat until you can play what you want to play, it’s stupid.
I don’t want to heal or tank.

5 Likes

No. It promotes massive toxicity

5 Likes

How do we “queue up” for a role? Right now it’s just throwing me into games into a random role.

2 Likes

What a LIE, you expect anyone to believe this? No one noticed this? Not even with comp disabled.

Please no more lies, just say, YA we did it intentionally and you all can deal with it.

1 Like

so fast ssd and stronk internet gets you dps.

Quick Play has no role queue until September 1st. However the role locks are unintended. They are working to fix it. Role Queue for Competitive is working however.

3 Likes

The current QP dumpster fire needs to be left so they can see how many leavers there are that don’t want to do those roles because those guys are either going to sit in queue longer than a match lasts or pick the other roles and not play them as intended.

2 Likes

Curious OP does team communication include the threats of throwing and bickering at each other over the roles that got instalocked? Because you know as well as everyone else that this will be the result 9.9 times out of 10

1 Like

Then politely ask to switch with someone.

get a hobby man. It has been announced as a bug. They are going to fix it and saying oh leave it so they know what a mess it will be is kind of ignorant. You know it isn’t the finished product it is only half of it.

Whether it’sbug or not, it shows how much of a bad idea forcing this into QP is.

This.

The advertised system for RoleQ (where you queue for a role beforehand) is the fair way to do it. The system created by a bug that exists/briefly existed in QP is not particularly fair, as it favors people with smaller latency and promotes toxicity since people can refuse to select if somebody else has already chosen their desired role.

1 Like

They really ought to leave it - its working out very well. In fact, I’d go so far as to say they might want to leave it in place…

1 Like

Should have just added it completely instead of delaying it.

(saw this coming a mile away.)

But they are not forcing roles with the new system… this is what you keep missing. They are giving me a choice of roles I want to play and placing me in matches with people that want to play the roles I didn’t queue for.

Not being forced to play anything with new system.

What would be nice is to randomize it - one proposal was something like this, with a randomizer to unlock after a time (QP Only).

He’s not talking about comp… but QP I think?

As in it randomizes which role you’re allowed to pick or…?