QoL for the LFG

the more info the better

overwatch is 6v6

this post isn’t about me, it’s about my team

Yes, but 6 people + 6 people = 12 people, and out of 12 people you can control exactly one people. Therefore, improve yourself == climb.

1 Like

no, I can control 6

Because people don’t wanna play with randos? Like, I use LFG because I like having actual good teammates. Like, communication and strategy help with teamwork, not having randos do random stuff.

1 Like

right, it’s not about good or bad (hopefully it would err towards the good side lol)

but it’s about controlling your own experience. win loose or draw, forming a team is a crucial aspect that I think overwatch is missing

So never go with an alt account when you can’t see stats.

1 Like

the only valid argument against LFG improvements is to have money spent else where, which is fine, just not imho

the first reply was scared of boosting, but I think my right to form my own team trumps that of facilitating boosting.

Exactly. Tactician sounds like the control freak group leaders who made LFG terrible in the first place. “You have <65% win rate, you’re out, because while I say I want close competitive games I really just want some smurfs to boost me.”

Tactician doesn’t need better tools for LFG leaders, they need actual friends to play with…which is likely a problem given the way they interact on the forums.

1 Like

yeah, when businesses ask for applications they’re just not trying hard enough to get things done through friendship

You need a proper team, not a temporary group of players formed using LFG. Unfortunately nobody would want to play with you very much so you’ll struggle to actually find a team to play with. They’d get pretty tired of you complaining about not knowing where the health packs are, or where they’re standing because you can’t see them on a mini-map, etc., etc.

1 Like

You’re not running a business. You’re not a boss of an esports conglomerate. You want to tell everyone what do play and how to do it. Most people don’t take kindly to that in a casual video game.

1 Like

and that’s what this post is about, the QoL I’m asking for would enable me to create a proper team.

first of all, that’s not very nice, and secondly, just because I can’t find something doesn’t necessarily mean I should stop looking.

maybe if I had a team, I’d be more inclined to learn.

or maybe there’s 5 other people who think just like me

either help or get out of my way

I am running a business.

yes I am

they don’t have to join

if I had this QoL, I would find them

No, you’re not. That would require a certain level of intelligence and employability which your >7600 posts demonstrate you don’t have. Please stop lying. I’ve told you to stop lying before.

1 Like

yes I am

perhaps you’re not able to recognize it

oh you’ve told me to stop lying? how noble!

The whole problem with solo Que is that you have no control over your team.
In a game where team play is more important then individual skills.
LFG should have been a tool to help increase your friend list with people you like to group with, or even better a tool to create clans with. Not to create temporary PUGs. You leave as soon as you lost one game.

That was the reason why people asked for LFG. But the whole system was put together because people asked for it, but without spending to much time or energy into it (or thinking)… Probably this happened:
Papa Jeff: Hmm lots of people want LFG… I dont like that. And all my employees are working on new content like heroes… Ahh wait we have some interns, lets tell them to create this… done, now we can give them LFG, to shut them up.

So yes the whole system is really crappy. And released together with private profiles… There is not even a ready button for all 6 players. And a leader can troll 5 other people by just leaving and give everyone a penalty. Pugs will be matched only against other 6 stacks with a high chance of getting matched against a real 6 stack. Or get penalized for 6 stacking by having to play against people with a higher group SR.

Same will probably happen again with a clan system. If they add a clan system without a good comp/tournament mode for clans then the clan system will fail too.

This game should have tools and encourage people to play as a clan above playing it solo. People should be encouraged to form teams and improve as a team.
Instead we get a QP / teaching mode that has 0 teamwork in it. We get a solo Q where the best way to climb is to not 6 stack. And best way to climb was for a long time : “ignore your team and focus only on your own game”.

1 Like

What makes you so worthy to determine all these things? You are limiting your teams ability based on your thoughts and experience.

Its like a job interview to join a group.

Get over yourself

1 Like

If I want to open up a hospital and make sure all my doctors have 16 years of med school and pay them 5 cents every 20 years, that’s my prerogative. but you know what? I’m not going to find any doctors. So I’ll keep upping my offer until one agrees to join my hospital.

what else would LFG be for if you could just go into auto queue

I wanna run the flee flicker, and it’s impossible to do it with the tools blizz has given us