QoL for Sombra's Teammates

Or for deafened players.

Maybe they think this would make her OP

And they’d be wrong.

Or in the least indicate more clearly if some of Sombra’s hack/EMP related bugs are still present.

1 Like

Whaaaat? Come on. How are you struggling to see the little red squiggle that’s the same shade as the enemies already red aura?
What’s that? Even if you do see it, it’s hard to tell when the hack runs out?
Seriously, this indicator sucks. Don’t know why people defend it so hard
Edit: to be clear, the first part was sarcasm

Sombras Long hack - YouTube.
Hack may takes a little longer but it doesnt work anyway - YouTube
Hack takes a little longer - YouTube
Hack not finishing - YouTube

In 1.28 they are still here (Just a few clips I have xD)
I will test it in 1.29 as soon as it hits live testing such things on the PTR is hard xD
(Some of these are extendet hacks but they are still work similar to the normal break bug.)

Also here is my Bug post if you’re intrested: Even more Sombra Bugs in 1.26/1.27/1.28 [With Video's]
I update it whenever something come up but only on the live version.

1 Like

I was thinking more it would make those bugs stand out more. :slight_smile:

But appreciate you linking them, even still.

1 Like

Ah I though you where talking about that the devs should be clear if they had fixed them or not sorry
ヾ(_ _*)

No worries! :smiley: I can see why I made that easy to misunderstand. ^^;

1 Like

Anti-nade is way more obvious. That you think Sombra players should mic should tell you all need to know about it’s visual indicator. People don’t need Ana or Zen on mic to know their enemy has those effects.

1 Like

i don’t know about your eyes but i can tell if someone is hacked or not pretty easily

also sombra sound effects + voicelines after hacking someone is a pretty obvious indication too. players are probably not used to sombra yet

Wut are you joking?

She does not really have a Voiceline for it only the enemies have one and that’s mostly just something completely random what nobody would connect with hack. For the Sound effects of actual hack, they don’t have a big range and are extremely easy to miss mid-fight.

And what would this QoL change actually make worst?
Are you a Doom main and are scared of getting more focused after hack or something?

Both Orb and Anti-heal are super easy to spot mid-fight Sombra’s red on red Visuals aren’t thats a fact.

3 Likes

i didn’t say the voicelines came from sombra

every hero she hacks has their own voicelines, her typing sounds and then genji voiceline + then the effects on him is enough to tell

they can just make the colors stronger on the hack effects, adding another layer of indications when she already has many is odd

It’s not odd if the currently existing indicators aren’t enough.

How I said first of the range of that Sound is extremely small you need to stand right next to Sombra to hear the typing sounds and right next to the Hacked target to her the Voice line.
Also, the voice lines are completely random and do not fit they mostly just say something like “damned”.

She has not more then any other CC acually she has less nad worse.

A stun always has some kind of flashing and a voice line (And the Sound of the ability) of the Hero that uses the stun while also have some kind of visual effect on the stunts targets.

But let’s get into longtime CC’s because that is what matters.

Sleep:
Has a Voiceline of Ana + a loud (Big range) ability sound both when shoot and when hit, has good Visuals above the target.

Anti-nade:
Has a Voiceline of ana + a loud (Big range) ability sound when it hits the floor.

Discord:
Has an extremely good purple Visual both over the head of the enemy while also having Visuals floating around the body.

Hack.
Has a Bad red on red Visual’s (Actually why is hack’s color the direct opposite of everything else) with nothing outside of the Target. Has a Voiceline on the enemy that’s hard to hear (Short range) and does not sound like someone getting hacked more like getting hit in the leg or something.
And has the normal ability noises.

Yes defenetly fair.

2 Likes

i don’t know how you think its “unfair” when sombra gets more indications than all of them, i can hear a hack pretty fine and i can tell pretty easily who is hacked. i usually die quickly when im hacked

you’re also comparing a support to a dps, hack is usually only used for sombra herself. teammates are a bonus

Wow very accurate example only problem that the Gunshots the Voice chat and all sound in the game are like 100 times louder and you’re in the heat of a battle With lots of reds (Barriers, other enemies etc etc.)

Play Sombra for a while and see you’re teammates doing nothing to hacked targets.

same could be said about discord and ana abilites

in the middle of a fight, sombra hacking someone is not hidden, you can even see the long string thing on sombra hacking someone

No, it can’t because ana’s is louder and have a higher sound range.

And both are not red they are purple on red with is WAY better visuals.
In no way, you can’t compare them in Visually.

Which is still red on red on a Team with red barriers, Red shots and red outlines…

3 Likes

what do you mean by louder? sombra’s hacking sounds are equally “loud”

you have a point there about the color, doesn’t make sense to make it appear red’ish when enemy team is red too