PvE question(s?)

Do you think the PvE will have locked hero rosters like the bride of Junkenstine’s revenge? I really hope they let us interchange heroes and don’t lock all hero modes behind custom games… Which they didn’t enable for Bride’s revenge for some reason.

2 Likes

Story missions yes, hero missions no(if PvE is still planned as it was 2 years ago)

5 Likes

Story modes are bound to be locked, but no doubt there will be all-hero mode options as well. Kinda hard to speculate further when we really have no idea what PvE is going to look like though.

3 Likes

And even then the story missions will have more than 4 options by my understanding.

1 Like

I really wish we could get some conversation on whether PvE is still being designed with the same vision we were told back then.

4 Likes

Be nice if they said if any of the PvE will have bigger team sizes or if we’re stuck with 4v4 for all of it.

1 Like

It really can’t be; it’s a numbers issue. The dev team has been in full crisis mode ever since the announcements of PvE being “decoupled” and 5v5 being announced. They’ve claimed to be hiring, but Activision is also doing routine firing/hiring cycles, as that former WoW manager pointed out.

Only the credulous believe Team 4 currently has enough devs to work on a full AAA game while maintaining a brand new live service game with the smallest dev team at Activision. It’s why the parts are now going to be parceled out seasonally beginning at some very unspecified date. They’ve admitted it takes longer to develop PvE features for every hero while committing to an 18 week hero release schedule.

What’s coming is guaranteed to be smaller and inadequate compared to the expectations Kaplan put out in 2019 and Keller talked about in 2020. The hiring of Victor Wong, one of the head guys who oversaw the transition of Fortnite away from PvE centric to PvP, was key to understanding how the focus has changed.

It’s a shame. Maybe if Microsoft can ever take control and the money is there, they can set up an actual full PvE experience. I’m not holding my breath for that three years down the line, though.