PVE Junkenstein wins uncounted

I’m not doing anything nooby, I have 2000+hrs in the game. Also in a response above someone quoted a bluepost that it’s a known bug.

2 Likes

I’m on Xbox and have experienced this today. Twice.

Both times I had leavers in the matches, yet managed to complete the event with no reward.

1 Like

That’s too bad. It’s also really too bad they seem to break the game in the most bizarre ways every major patch!

2 Likes

It’s a bug that has been around since they started this “27 points to earn rewards” method. Some times it just doesn’t count at all. Not even as a loss. You’ll get Arcade weekly win counts but some how not event points.

Basically it’s been nearly a year and Blizzard has still done nothing about it.

6 Likes

How lovely!

Just want to update:

Sometimes PVE wins count, sometimes they don’t—even within the same gaming session!

I’ve found a work around – in my experience the first match always counts and subsequent ones don’t. If you exit the game then relog and play another match it’ll count. Basically restart the game after every Junkenstein Revenge run and you won’t run into this problem.

Annoying, yes, very much so, but at least you won’t be playing matches and not getting credit.

5 Likes

How do any of you beat that mode? Randoms are awful, can’t aim, and won’t protect the door past medium difficulty.

1 Like

On normal and endless it’s not too bad. It’s nearly impossible to lose on Hard or less. The worse your team is though the more you’ll want to stack your team with good hero picks.

Simply put if possible play Torb. A good torb player can nearly solo the entire thing. I have managed to Duo it with a Mcree after the rest of the team left early on.

The legendary difficulty is a bit harder, takes a bit of team work or good hero picks all around. Mostly though guard the door. You can expect your team to chase the easy kills on the left side or rush the Elite bosses.

Rare do they cover the right side or the door as regular zomniacs and tires rush it.

1 Like

Close the game and restart it after every game if you want the count after each game.

If you restart it after every 2 game, the 1 game that did not get count will automatically be added to the count after the next game.

Sadly I had one game where I did lose on hard. The team was filled with three new bronze player with only two healers, Baptise, and 76, that refuse to heal the team so everyone ended up dying. On the final boss fight, no one bother killing Mercy and they kept trying to out dps roadhog with mercy heal. I ended up killing the mercy, but without heal, i kept getting kill by roadhog and junkrat at the final boss fight.

Well they were new players, so meh, i didn’t really care if we lost.

2 Likes

Eh it can be done with no healers at all, but yeah people have to sort of try…

I will say if the team isn’t actively trying to throw though it’s pretty hard to lose.

1 Like

If you want to beat the hardest mode, you need torb to defend door, and then deadeye + nano/window for the last boss wave. Torb should stand in front of mcree to take the hook if need be.

1 Like

I’m having trouble with the wins counting as well.
As I write this I have the Weekly Reward 9/9 wins, but my Week 1 challenge is only at 15 games.

It doesn’t seem to be giving me my double wins, OR my losses trying to complete the Junkenstein Challenges. (Tried 5 times, not a single Challenge win…)

I also watched 1 win worth 2, and the next worth 1…
So I don’t even know what’s going on.

Same bug here, duped me into playing way more ow than I intended. Finally managed to scrape together the points after hours and hours of grinding.

2 Likes

Nowadays, you’re likely to get two people who know that McCree and Torb are S Tier for Junkenstein’s. When they first came out, I beat all the challenges solo-queing within a few attempts (at the most) for that reason alone. Even if you get some guy who thinks Tracer or Widow is a good idea, McCree + Torb + Zen/Ana/Bap can handle Expert difficulty.

What kind of idiot queues up for the second hardest mode as a noob? No mic, no aim, no synergy, just picks whatever? I doubt these people are new, they just don’t care.

1 Like

It´s not just you. There is some bug.

All I can say is sadly the work around is throwing matches. Ran into a couple groups last night. Just make a full team of 4, play the exploding or fast moving Zomniac challenge and lose as fast as possible. Aka dying all together or letting the door explode by not killing any.

Each “loss” is 1 point on the counter. It takes maybe a minute or two to go through the whole process. I mean it’s throwing so I wouldn’t recommend doing it with a real team who didn’t agree on it.

But given there is about a day left to earn your points and the system is so broken it’s probably the only way for some people to get it in time.

2 Likes

i would love getting more points for playing higher difficulty mode since I enjoy those more. Since the higher difficulty gives the same amount of points as cleaning the easier mode, and last much longer than a regular qp, mh, etc., it’s not worth the time and effort. With the other mode, winning reap 2 points, and is actually much faster. The main difference is PvP require you to turn on your brain, whereas in PvE, you are free to turn off your brain for the most part base on the difficulty mode.

1 Like

This is actually an excellent idea, so we likely will not see it implemented for a long, long time, if ever!

Legendary should be rewarded 2 points, whereas expert should be 1.5 points but it can be up for debate. I find expert to be roughly the same difficulty as playing MH and QP or slightly easier.

1 Like