Putting me on the wrong server in EU

the game is putting me on the wrong EU server, most of the time I get 90-100 ping but lately, I get 110-120. I’ve talked to the support and it is the game just plugging me into the wrong server. Is there anything I can do? Or is anyone else getting the same thing because the game is nigh unplayable P.S I do get plugged to the right server like once every 9 games but it’s not reliable.

Normally the game will put you on servers in the region that have enough players for your rank or mode selected. For instance, we have two US servers, one on the far West Coast and one in the middle of the country. However, playing from the US can land you on both, regardless of location.

I know it does that but there isn’t any way I can play like that sadly

You are having an issue that almost every player has since they created those dumb ME servers in EU. They are just too lazy to fix it, or not willing to fix their problems.

Their main thread solved NOTHING

So we came with our own fix, just do the things in the following thread and you can play Ovewatch again like it was before
Choosing Which Server You Want To Play Tutorial - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

I said it once and I’ll say it again Blizzard. The Middle East is not an on the European continent, go back to school and educate yourself once again omfg.

Why should someone who lives far in the cold NORTH WEST connect to the ME servers when we got servers in London, Amsterdam and Paris??? (Amsterdam = 20ms, and ME server is over 180ms).

Get your shhhh together :slight_smile:

im from ME and it forces me on the wrong server

its the same fix, just look up the Blizzard European server IP adresses and put them in firewall.

If you do that you will only get ME servers and not EU. It is super sad that they still didnt create the option to select servers on Battle net between EU and ME.

I sort of agree with you, but I think they grouped them because of player availability. I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere, but I’m having trouble finding it. However, this is probably not the best place to discuss it since devs don’t monitor this forum. That guide seems to work for nearly everyone, so hopefully it will resolve this for you :slight_smile:

what if I only want to be able to connect to one of the EU servers is there a way to do that?

The author of that post answers your question, it’s further down the thread.

true but i want to block both France and the Netherlands ones, and I don’t know the IP for the Netherlands one

I just want to make it clear that blocking these servers in your region doesn’t guarantee that you’ll have a bug-free experience. You may find matches, especially in Competitive modes, and not be able to join them because the IP is blocked. Not connecting could then result in a penalty for dodging the match. These penalties are not reversible.

If you still want to take the risk, you might be able to use the IPs they provide for Overwatch on the WinMTR page: Running WinMTR - Blizzard Support