Punished for winning

Its nice that you belive that, but reality is that you are matched on MMR which is directly affected by your game skill. If anything is forced, its match being equal so both teams have same chance to win, that is prefered case.

Apparently not, as the Devs themselves posted on it how it actually works years ago, dig up the posts. Then come back here and try again.

I dont know what you talk about really , i have read all devs posts in past, explain what exactly i wrote is not correct or stop trolling.

This isn’t a thing.

After doing well over a series of games the system places you into a higher bracket to see if you are ready to advance.

You are apparently not ready to be promoted higher.

2 Likes

Love it, fellow Canadian that thinks the same.

1 Like

What do you have issue with?

They have repeatedly said they only match on MMR.

Like, all the time. Though, since they also say that SR is the same as MMR, and no one can see MMR, they often just say SR even though they always MEAN that MMR is used for matchmaking. Either way you slice it, it’s not both and it’s functionally the same.

That’s it?

I think my biggest win streak was 20 :thinking:

:exploding_head:

It’s almost like it’s supposed to happen

2 Likes

lmao, right??

3 Likes

What you experienced and described is definitely real, it definitely happened, thousands and thousands of people have described the same thing. Don’t listen to anyone who tries to tell you that you’re hallucinating, or that you somehow are responsible for your teammates being clearly, observably, awful.

Let’s keep in mind that when we go on a win streak, we can clearly observe the other team is awful and the teams are unbalanced, so it’s not just a thought we have when we are losing. In other words, even when we win we can see that the teams are blatantly lopsided.

I honestly, truly, feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t have the capacity to realize that this is happening. The struggles they must go through in life by missing simple observations that are all around them.

2 Likes

Says someone that literally posted that they’d rather believe what only their single eyes have seen than what has been said, shown, demonstrated, inferred, and experimented with over millions of people over 8 years.

Then gets offended when someone mentions the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Like, REALLY MAD.

So mad.

Honestly, I’m jealous of your ability to live in a fantasy land too. Must be very exciting, having your one care in the world be the fact that Blizzard is out to get you, personally.

3 Likes

I would literally change my name to dunning kruger it bothers me so little. Please call me that as much as you want since it makes you feel good to imagine I’m getting mad about a word you use because to basically say people are crazy who disagree with you.

The matchmaker is fundamentally broken. In my experience after a win streak or even gaining a decent amount of SR through a positive win rate, the enemies don’t get better, your team mates get worse. The game likes to ‘test’ you and until you pass that test by carrying your team, or lose a ton of SR, you’ll keep getting put with worse players than yourself.

Unfortunately it’s a team game, and expecting you to carry 5 others is unrealistic unless your skill level is a lot higher than your current rank (smurfs). Lower player numbers mean the ‘bad’ players you’re given are more likely to be further away from you skill level, add in being locked into a role which makes countering harder and you can easily find yourself in what feels like ‘forced’ losses.

I believe this is because during a win streak your SR will increase a lot faster than your MMR. and before increasing your MMR to match it gives you these ‘test’ matches and expects you to prove you’re better than the average player at your current rank by giving you below average team mates.

It works the other way around too. Go on loss streak and eventually your SR will be way below your MMR. Again, instead of lowering your MMR it will increase your SR by giving your easy matches where the enemy are so useless you could chill in spawn and still win.

This system might have worked when there were more players of a similar skill. It would have been less noticeable and more granular. You also didn’t have role queue. The ‘test’ matches would have been a lot easier. Now though where theres next to no genuine players left it’s completely broken and results in win streak followed by loss streak followed by win streak.

I bounce (or should I say bounced as I don’t play any longer) between plat and silver. I created a new account and placed 2.9 and then climbed to 3.2 with a 60% WR. Which is part of the reason why I gave up on the game. It’s proved to me it’s all a con, has no integrity and isn’t worth my time.

It’s never going to get better either. I did have some hope that they would start fresh with a better system in OW2, but when they announced that MMR was being brought over to the “new” game, that’s when I gave up on it.

1 Like

The ‘climbing’ argument can easily be disproven at extremely low ranks where the SR bracket would be the same with a 10 win or 10 loss streak.

You still get unnatural streaks at very low bronze. In fact, much more often. I assume this is the MMR butting up against the lack of players at that rank. Admittedly, I don’t have this problem as much at 2000SR+ where the playerbase is more concentrated.

Lack of players is what’s killed it. I think it struggles to get a suitable ‘bad’ team together for the ‘test’ matches. Instead it will get perhaps 3-4 players of equal skill and then 1-2 absolute potatoes. Which we all know does not equal 5 players of slightly lower skill than yourself (even if the average MMR was the same). That’s where the system falls down, and likely why it feels a lot worse now than it did a few years ago.

In open queue it’s easy to see these matches as you’ll be on team of randoms and the enemy will have a duos or a full 6 stack. It’s likely doing this in role queue too but you can’t see the groups as easily.

1 Like

This isn’t a thing.

You just got someone coincidentally in a stack having a bad game. Nothing more.

1 Like

Guaranteed this person plays in groups and isn’t 100% solo queue. Not even a question.

Very uneducated guess, stop assuming things

3 Likes

Welcome to the reality of Overwatch, it’s not a competitive game and matches are 90% of the time decided by your teammates. 90% of your SR is decided by matchmaking and the matchmaking is complete and utter garbage for those who are in a lower elo than they should be. Best bet is to queue up with similar skilled people or just buy an account, saves u alot of wasted time dealing with absolute apes in the lower ranks.

1 Like

The reality of gaming is this much bad sentiment doesn’t turn around by business as usual. There’s not even like a CM around to be like 'Hey guys, I know you’re all unhappy, but we have something in the works…" posts happening.

The comp queues are getting longer and matchmaking worse on the top and bottom levels of play and its going to squeeze down on the bulk of the remaining players in the middle.

I really like this game and would be fine if it was just QP with leaderboards and no esport style comp. Just let me know something…

At least Kaplan would come on and gaslight us from time to time…

u wont get any reply from anyone at blizzard, they couldn’t care less about OW1 issues. their full focus is on OW2