Punished for a bug issue

I was unable to get into a game for a while. It kept saying entering. Then when it got off of that screen for the fourth time i was told i was being penalized for inactivity. I was given -75% exp and 15 match penalty. Please someone make this make sense.

1 Like

I was DC’d then got back I’m the game within seconds to only be banned from the season, so I screen recorded it and noticed my ping was only at 50ms so I know it wasn’t on my end. I’m tired of this always happening and mainly happening in comp.

1 Like

The same thing just happened to me. I got disconnected tried going back to the comp match and got banned. Overwatch gotta fix their game.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Linking my post in case you would like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

2 Likes

What happened to me was that they kicked me out for inactivity but I thought the penalty would be 15 minutes but one and it was the first time this season that I got out due to inactivity and they blocked me for the entire competitive season, please help me.

1 Like

Just wante to go into a ranked game on WGB and I didnt get loaded in the picking screnn I was able to talk to my mates but thats it just senn the map, then I got kicked out for inactivity and got penalized, I think thats not fair at all. Blizzard? (Btw no ping problem or stuff like that my pc also was fine the whole time)

1 Like