Puerto Rico excluded from OW League token promo

Can anyone explain why Puerto Rico was excluded from being able to get overwatch league tokens. Puerto Rico is a territory of the US, everyone on the island is a US citizen. What gives???

9 Likes

Unfortunately, local state regulations may prohibit it. Check the official rules for details.

4 Likes

It says legal residents of the US, It says nothing about continental US.

Hmm… at this point, you may have to consider contacting their legal department. They publically have a catchall e-mail through legal@blizzard.com however due to the sheer amount of e-mails they receive, responses may be delayed.

Wyoming, it’s an honor to meet a forum MVP. I wanted to port your “Technical reminders about the end of season X” post to the new forums, and I would like to ask for your permision. I’d give you proper credit for it.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind comments about my older topic. I originally created that topic during the season 5 and 6 switchovers since there was a LOT of changes announced for season 6. I have actually begun to work on a new and exciting project for Competitive Mode which is a Frequently Asked Questions guide which will cover a great deal of the information that my older topic had.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you for clarifying. I’ll leave it to you then. Good luck in your future endeavours.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started watching Overwatch League about a couple weeks back and was excited to rack up some tokens to buy skins, but I notice I didn’t get anything from watching. I thought maybe the tokens were delay because I’m console player but still haven’t got any tokens. So now I see your post and just bums me out that Puerto Rico is excluded from getting any tokens. :frowning:

2 Likes

So that’s the real reason after all?! Ugh!

I contacted Blizzard support about a week ago and they checked my account and I’m from Puerto Rico. I asked them specifically if the reason I wasn’t getting tokens was because of my location, they said that no, that Puerto Rico shouldn’t be a problem. They said tokens were being delayed, so I kept trying multiple days and nothing. So now I feel I been fooled then after seeing this thread.

I’m really disappointed about this, while I enjoy watching the league, it is very discouraging that most everyone else watching is getting rewarded while I get nothing. Even more so knowing people that leave their twitch open but aren’t actually looking at the event, they are just farming tokens. While I’m actually invested watching and get nothing. I don’t want to sound so dramatic, but it just really sucks when I spent so much dedication to this game.

4 Likes

The only people to blame are your country’s lawmakers. Not blizzard.

Puerto Rico is the USA. All Puerto Ricans are US citizens. In this case it wouldn’t be country, but territory government.

2 Likes

It’s not been an issue with anything else related to Overwatch. Plus, from Blizzard’s own support team they told me its not suppose to be an issue, but apparently it is after all.

1 Like