Public Apology: Role Queue has hurt this game

What kind of barbarian doesn’t like pepperoni on pizza?

3 Likes

Well, if i remember correctly, the devs said it was positively recived by a large part of the community.

And what dose that mean, if the majority likes it, it dosnt always need to be good?
That makes no sens, if the majority likes it, its good enough for atleast 51% of the playerbase.

1 Like

I know. IRL I’m terrible at getting jokes.

The funny part is that I would not mind it so much if it was a required comp only for OWL/Contenders. I liked watching the 4D chess that was high level goats being played, but I get the issue with player job security and general public entertainment.

The main issue is pushing it into the public game, expecting random people in the internet to play together like a team that is training together for months or years.

We, as players, don’t have the same short or long term objectives.

Andrew might want to climb as high as possible, Betty might want to see how good her McCree is, Carlos is just killing time in his short lunch time, Danny is venting off frustration from him actual role that have a SR that matters, and Ellie is just playing together with her friend Fran that bought he game last week and teaching her the ropes.

If you want a cohesive team, you either have to pray for the matchmaker to match you with people at similar mindset, or… form a team yourself.

Which is where all those arguments that improving LFG would be a better way to deal with this issue than hardlocking a specific role distribution and hope that all players magically start treating the game as a path to pro thing instead of casual fun.

5 Likes

Any data?

That. Doesn’t. Mean. It’s. Good. For. The. Game.
Especially if it’s 51:49

1 Like

Dev comment on the beta.

See how i added something to prove my point besides only claiming i have data?

Making. A. Dot. After. Every. Word. Adds. Nothing.

And who even has to decide what is good if not the majority or the devs?
And the devs went with 2 2 2.

1 Like

Damn, wasn’t expecting this many replies lol. But one thing I didn’t even mention was dps supports and dps who play off tanks because they don’t want to wait 10+ minutes for a game. These are incredibly annoying and if you have a dps Moira and a Roadhog+Hamster who is playing like a fat tracer then that’s basically a 5 dps comp.

{megadodo slowly raises his left hand, using the right to point at the bin marked “chunked italian fennel sausage”}

Were railroaded into playing anything but what they wanted by other D-bag players, yelling at them about the time played in other roles and all that good stuff.

Same reasons I still don’t feel back about peoples wait times in RQ, they acted like dicks for years, finally got put in their place and are now ruining the rest of the game, while being unable to see they have been the problem the whole damned time.

1 Like

Ah, the good old days of open profile and no role lock, where you got screamd at when you play anything but your most played hero.

1 Like

It makes me really sad that I absolutely love playing symmetra but the wait times to play anything but a healer or tank is super long. I’m super god awful at healer, I’ve tried playing healer for years since 2017, but after a while I realized I’m just really bad at playing healer. I wish I could be a mercy main just because they get a ton of respect and stuff and it seems fun but eugh.

the bigesst mis of roleQ - there is no space for flex players. I am filthy onetrick by myself, but I can outperform any flexer with my hero, but this flexer can make my job much easier. Now it’s gone. I don’t mind to play 4dps comp when we all have chance to change it at least by filling roles that needed. And don’t mind if we stick to 4 dps, at least everyone accept we had a choice. Btw I’ve won so many 4-5 dps comps games, it is still like 30% games you can’t just win, 30% you will win anyway, and 30% consider your impact. Nothing was changed with roleq to this algorythm but + additional q time.

3 Likes

I never got screamed at for not playing Widow. People usually screamed at me FOR playing Widow.

3 Likes

I honestly usually give people the benefit of the doubt when playing widow, because I’ve seen some amazing widows. But then when I see them dying on attack repeatedly and I hear the little kid voice on mic screaming “mommy 10 more minutes!” I groan

Great, and the mercy or Rein got screamd at for playing widow too.

Now everyone can play what he wants.

So no data?

It’s the devs of the game, why would they admit otherwise? Why would they admit that they wasted an entire year on something that failed?

Makes you pay attention more which was needed as you apparently didn’t read that part earlier.

Do you really think majority shows what’s best? Really?
The devs brought Brig 1.0 into the game, does that mean it was a good idea?

Not to mention the dev statement from beta was when it was in beta. People can change their minds.

5 Likes

They also said Mercy rework was a success, when the whole community learned within seconds that Moth Mercy 1.0 was stupidly OP (just as Mercy mains warned on PTR, but I digress), and she was nerfed 14 times in a row after that declaration. Myself, I would not call a “success” something that need so many nerfs in a row, but that’s me.

As I said in another thread, role queue is going for long enough that Blizzard know the real numbers of population change after RQ got implemented. We might see a glimpse of how it actually impacted Overwatch on the shareholder’s letter next year. You all remember last year when they said OWL was giving Blizzard a good ROI while the base game stabilized? 2019 we got the monetization strategy changed from the base game lootbox to OWL merchandising/skins.

Enjoy your holyday, watch the fireworks, then we can have something more solid to talk how the community as a whole feel about role queue.

2 Likes

Because negatives are not necessarily things that are present. They can also be things that are absent.

4 Likes

they’ve tend us to be forced teamplayers like you know 2-2-2 is a “great” team composition to interact each other, but then they hide most important info, and you can just imagine what current player will do this game at your team with his hidden profile. I think open profiles were part of teamplay aswel, but if they are fighting against toxicity caused by this, so overall teamplay is causing similar behaviour and hide profiles will not solve anything but forgive most shenanigans agains teamplay.

True, the games were harder now. Not that i’m complaining, though. :laughing:

1 Like