PTR Updated now?

That was there in the original PTR update tho.

From what they have stated in the patch logs, looks like not much other than some bug fixes, adjusting the sensitivity for Armour Repair, and slightly increasing the range for Sym.

Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to teleport to unintended locations.

11 Likes

It’s probably just merging in whatever code changes were involved with the loot box hotfix for live.

I can tell you they aren’t fixing symmetras primary or the splash damage on her secondary.

1 Like

Not by any decent extent anyway; supposedly it increases its range from 10 to 12 (which doesn’t sound like much…).

Ya it’s the minimum range it should have been from the start but is useless in addressing the viability of her primary far less viability over her secondary. It’s like putting a fresh coat of paint on a car that won’t start lol. It’s a joke.

So all thats left is her orbs for damage and the splash damage is useless since it doesn’t do the flat 60 you are lucky if you get half that. Which means you have to go for direct impacts ground level if you want to be effective. This basically cuts how symmetra can be played in half and also significantly reduces the utility of her teleporter.

Yeah, that smaller range for someone with relatively little protection/mobility (considering that the effective range is roughly the same as for tanks bar Orisa and maybe Wreaking Ball or Heroes like Brigitte and Tracer) is pretty weak. The lock-on was at least useful for handling Tracers or Genjis bouncing around, but now…

You have 2 alternatives:

1. Blizzard do not change symmetra.
  2. Blizzard buff her too fast, and she gets Sombra’d.
    I personally prefer this slower approach to balancing.
1 Like

lmao you are overestimating Blizzards competency. They never fixed symmetras weapon interaction with mei ice walls even after 2 years, in fact they nerfed it and made it worse.

1 Like

That doesn’t change what I said.
You’ll notice (especally with heroes like reaper and mei) that Blizzard have started to slowly buff or nerf instead of massive shifts one way or another in recent months.

That doesn’t mean it’s applicable as an argument in this situation. It’s like putting a new coat of paint on a car that doesn’t work. That isn’t going slow it’s trolling.

Yes. Blizzard are trolling symettra mains. They just hate you that much.

That’s pretty much exactly the case. There is a long list that can be made of Blizzards actions that establish this.

And of course it’s ONLY symmetra mains for some undisclosed reason.

This paranoia isn’t helping anyone, it’s just annoying to see “X hero is hated by blizzard because they didn’t do exactly what I wanted” pop up here every few hours.

1 Like

I hope that the PTR update is a build that will hopefully resolve the random disconnects as well as fix the crashing to desktop that’s been happening to me every time I attempt to play a game of Overwatch.

Exactly, it’s actually only happened to that hero so consistently. You are pretty smart.

Thank you.

(Sombra,mercy,Bastion)

Any Zarya players here? Curious how her new changes feel. Haven’t had a chance to test her out on PTR yet.