PTR Patch notes just released

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – June 24, 2019

A new Overwatch patch is currently in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report and issue, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

New Feature: Subtitles

Choose between 3 additive levels of subtitling: Critical Gameplay, Critical Gameplay + Conversations, and Everything. This new feature was created to improve the gameplay experience for players that are deaf or hard of hearing, and also for players who enjoy reading closed captions.

WORKSHOP UPDATES

General

• Added the ability for scripters to measure the server performance of the current game instance.
    • Three new values make this possible:
      • Server Load - Provides a percentage representing the CPU load of the current game instance.
      • Server Load Average - Provides a percentage representing the average CPU load of the current game instance over the last two seconds.
      • Server Load Peak - Provides a percentage representing the highest CPU load of the current game instance over the last two seconds.
    • As these numbers approach or exceed 100, it becomes increasingly likely that the game instance will be shut down because it is consuming too many resources.
    • A new preset example displays these values as HUD text in the upper-left corner of the screen. The rule in the preset can be copied into other scripts to help identify performance problem areas.
  • When a game instance shuts down due to excessive Workshop script load, a new error message is displayed in the chat window (instead of the “unexpected error” message).
  • Additional strings added.

BUG FIXES

General

• Fixed a bug that could cause players who have selected a hero during the Hero Select Phase to have their hero deselected when the Setup Phase begins.

Workshop

• Fixed a bug that caused “Set Invisible” to function incorrectly for Reinhardt when using secondary fire while viewing in 3P.
  • Custom Game: Fixed a bug that could cause AI bots to become stuck on their way to the capture point on the Oasis: University map

Heroes

Baptiste

• Fixed a visual inconsistency with Baptiste’s head with his Spec Ops skin equipped.

Hanzo

• Fixed a bug that could cause a dead Hanzo’s bow to appear floating above the ground, when that Hanzo had his Kabuki skin equipped.

Roadhog

• Fixed a bug where Roadhog’s chain would sometimes not render in first person

Moira

• Fixed a bug where Moira’s Coalescence would sometimes not render in first person

…that’s it?

i mean, that’s it?

13 Likes

Link form:

1 Like

I have a feeling they’ll add hero 31 with balance changes this week

…hopefully

1 Like

Cant be disappointed if i didnt expect anything i guess

2 Likes

LOL, and people thought Sombra was going get nerfed…

2 Likes

This is fantastic! Blizzard has done so much to accommodate special needs, it’s great and I’m thankful for it.

5 Likes

Hard for me to believe that this was 1gb? Did the workshop take it all?

Patch notes usually come out in waves. There will be more. If it’s a massive patch it probably has stuff related to a new hero or map.

2 Likes

I mean I’m so relieved they fixed the hero select bug. Plus subtitles are a nice added change.

Shame the Baptiste bug fix was for a skin and not his ultimate ;-;

2 Likes

Oh ok good :slight_smile: I was gonna say lol

1 Like

:slight_smile:
Thank you devs, very cool

1 Like

This is pretty pog honestly

i mean… they could be releasing this ptr patch in parts like many times before so…

2 Likes

Thats awesome.

Exactly, I expect hero 31 to come on the PTR this week or the next

1 Like

I’m kind of curious if putting on critical gameplay will improve my performance despite having hearing.

1 Like

The patch being 1GB doesn’t exactly mean that 1GB worth of stuff changed. If something changes in a compiled assembly or package, the patch might include a new version of that entire package to replace the one you currently have.

But also, historically speaking, many patches have a bunch of “hidden” content in them related to incomplete/unannounced features.

1 Like

Hoping for interactions tbh lol

Wow that sucks, nothing i remotely care about.

1 Like