PTR Hero Changes Update

(Geoff Goodman) #1

We’re looking at updating the PTR soon with the following additional hero changes:

Junkrat

• Frag Launcher: Impact damage increased from 40 to 60

Lucio

• Speed Song: Effect lowered from 30% to 20%
  • Amp it up: Speed song amped effect reduced from 70% to 50%
  • Wall Ride: Passive movement speed gained while wall riding increased from 20% to 40%.

Mccree

• Bonus damage ramp from the previous 1.34 change will now begin after 1.5s, down from 2.5.

Reaper

• Passive: Healing amount reduced from 50% to 40%

Symmetra

• Photon Projector: Primary fire damage ramp speed increased by 20%

Zarya

• Particle Cannon: Alternate fire radius reduced from 2-3 to 1-2 (based on energy level)

Zenyatta

• Orb of Discord: Effect reduced from 30% to 25%
  • Orb of Destruction: Damage increased from 46 to 48

I’m not sure exactly when these changes will hit PTR, but we’re hoping tomorrow or Friday.

So let me get this straight
:frog: ~* Lucio Lounge 2.0 - We're Here To Stay *~
Top500 Junkrat main explains in extreme detail why he needs buffs
Symmetra buff (15char)
Symmetra ptr nerfs?
In case yall are wondering who to blame for the Zen nerf
Time for a revert
NEW ON PTR: Sym, McCree and Junk buffed. Reaper, Zarya, lucio and zen nerfed
If you're not out of McCree's ult in 1.5 seconds
I cannot express how happy this makes me
Reaper is getting nerfed
Junkrat finally got buffed!
Why is Symmetra always in the bottom, forgotten?
Thank God they nerfed Lucio
❤ Stylosa & Jeff Kaplan Interview of New Hero Baptiste! - VIDEO
These patch notes
Good. They nerfed reaper and McCree
In regards to the Junkrat buffs
Sym is getting BUFFED on PTR!
Symmetra got buffed!
Symmetra ptr nerfs?
So why are you nerfing reaper?
So where are people getting these Zen/Lucio etc nerfs from?
Can you guys finally admit that they are listening now?
Can we do something about Reaper?
Hey Blizzard, where's the Symmetra buff?
So what will be the Dev teams next move?
Wait they buffed Rat guy?
Lucio's Speed Boost in Capture the Flag
As a top500 junk main, the new buff is really worrying
Wait, Symmetra's ramp up is now 1 seccond? (need comfirmation)
So Symmetra didn't get buffed after all?
Is the ptr updated?
Sym is getting BUFFED on PTR!
Quickplay and Comp Disabled on PTR?
Where are people getting these Patch Notes on Reaper, Junkrat, Zenyatta, and Lucio?
Who is getting changed : a summary
Can you guys finally admit that they are listening now?
Feedback - Baptiste and upcoming patch
Unfortunate the Lucio nerfs were needed
Good. They nerfed reaper and McCree
Upcoming PTR patch discussion
You're not helping Symmetra
Symmetra ptr nerfs?
Thank God they nerfed Lucio
Additional PTR Patch Notes Released
(Geoff Goodman) #2

My sweet sweet Lucio. I totally understand though.

As a Lucio player, I think this was justified.

For Junkrat, does this mean he now does 140 damage per grenade?

Nice a change I wanted actually happened

Wait, is this like pharah and now his splash does 20 less damage or is his damage on impact now 140 (60 impact damage+80 on splash)?

wow, zen and lucio got nerfed

that’s great news, actually

Add the healing over time effect/buff to Moira’s ultimate too, please! It makes total sense. Her ultimate will become more responsive that way.

Holy moly, a discord nerf, speed boost nerf and Sym and Junkrat buffs?

It’s christmas!

Where's the Sym buffs (They did it!)

Well ill be discord and speed nerfs? This is a seemingly good day

What happened to releasing a new hero and letting them decide the meta? This sounds like an overcorrection, both releasing an anti-GOATS hero and then nerfing GOATs into the ground.

All of these changes are bad.

Junkrat: So he now does 140 damage per nade hit? That’s excessive.

Lucio: Now speed boost (the whole reason to run lucio) is garbage. Maybe a nerf to the amped speed boost was justified, but nerfing the base speed boost certainly wasn’t. This cripples his mobility.

Mccree: Is this even going to do anything? If mccree was allowed to build up on a target for 1.5 seconds, they’re doing it wrong.

Reaper: Okay this was totally justified.

Symmetra: JUST GIVE HER 50 MORE SHIELDS!

Zarya: Why not just give it a fixed radius of 2? Now Zarya can’t do anything until she’s at medium charge.

Zenyatta: This change screws up damage boost calculations for no real reason. It arguably even makes zenyatta stronger by beefing up his shield break in a tank-heavy meta.

JUNKRAT NOISES INTENSIFIES

Baptiste is more of a GOATS hero than an anti-GOATS hero. He’s not Anti-GOATS.

Doesn’t seem like an overcorrection to me, IMO. None of these changes are severe and every single one of them is well deserved.

finally, some lucio and zenyatta nerfs.

Does this mean he will deal a total of 140 damage on a direct hit ? It could be good against tanks ans barriers, making him better at the job he should be good at, but it’s also easy to become too oppressive with straight up damage buff. Happy to see that you’re looking for Junkrat tho !

I don’t know if the passive healing needs a nerf. I honestly don’t think so. It would reduce Lucio’s mobility, and it could just feel underwhelming as a speed boost.

[EDIT: Oh the wallride buff is there to compensate I guess, it could be enough for Lucio’s mobility. You might want to watch if he can’t start to go at 90 mph all of a sudden.
I still think the passive boost nerf isn’t needed]

But I totally agree on the Amp it up speed nerf. I thought about that some time ago, and imo that’s the way to go, and that’s probably a mandatory nerf.

If Lucio gets a nerf, he could use some adjustments on other parts of his kit tho. He’s more of an indispensable character due to his speed boost that he’s a good character at a whole, imo

Still thinks he doesn’t need more than 30% and that he needs more elsewhere honestly, but that’s a good attempt of a change. I’ll gladly take that, for the moment at least. You’re trying to make adjustments by trial and error, and that’s kinda cool ! Thank you for your efforts

WHY IS IT CALLED LIKE THAT !!! IS THAT A NAME CHANGE ???

On another topic, it seems like a good buff. I’ll happily test that out !

Good change imo, it won’t be meta changer, but it could help shift the “mandatoriness” on those kind of mechanics.

It seems like a very good patch honestly ! I’m eager to see those on the PTR !!!

Can you guys just consider this, give Orisa’s Super Charger her Fortify effect minus the damage reduction. A temporary anti-cc ultimate wrapped up with her damage boost.

That’s called a team-wide nano boost. I’m an Orisa main and I can see that’s overpowered and shouldn’t be done.

I think Zarya is getting off way too lightly and will be the only valid off tank for the foreseeable future. Rest of it’s good, though.

Did you just add something ? LOL

Yeah the Lucio wall ride just appeared.