Ptr delayed until next week

Sorry to disappoint you. :sob:

A break from what? A break from a break?

Why are you taking so long to reply? My hands are sweating.

Exhibit B of the worst of the community. Look, Blizz messes up, everyone does, it’s basic human nature, but they still work their explicits off for this game

2 Likes

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/99iyGGbaRWE/maxresdefault.jpg

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist.)

4 Likes

They dont just mess up sometimes, they do it always, which is why the community is disappointed

Don’t act like the word of one random nobody is the word of the majority

1 Like

Hopefully they delay this even more just for Buddaz’s sake

wondering if Buddaz thinks i just guaranteed it will be delayed…

2 Likes

The torb rework came on a friday so maybe today.

You know what would help that? Constant communication. Say “yeah, we ran into a problem with the changes we’re making, we’re concerned about balance, etc.”.

I’m not saying that the community isn’t at fault for some of the things I’ve seen thrown at them, but Blizzard doesn’t help themselves by saying one passing phase, and not keeping a constant source of communication with the community to help calm fears and understand what’s going on.

If they “always” messed something up then we wouldnt have a playable game right now, would we?

You know why they aren’t that frequent on the forums? Because threads like these make them unwelcome.

4 Likes

Believe in what you want to, but my trust for blizzard is gone, they made too many mistakes in these past 3 years

1 Like

They’ve explained this before, they have to walk around eggshells or else one half of the community or the other will tear them apart. I’d rather they be set on a decision, then share it, than constantly tell us things that might not even come to fruition

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/e/e5/McCree_-_Whoa_there.ogg

Balancing is very hit and miss.

Sometimes they succeed and sometimes they fail.
The thing is that failures are easier to remember than the successes.

I consider Torbjorn’s rework a succes and I consider the ultimate changes a failure.

Saying they only fail is just plain wrong.

(And no, I’m not a Blizzard fanboy. Seriously, the moment I say something in defense of Blizzard am I usually immediately called a fanboy.)

they didn’t promise anything. they said “hopefully this week” that is in no way a promise for anything.

1 Like

But that’s the thing: part of the reason the community is so on eggshells is things like the Mercy rework: where there’s long periods of time where there’s no action and a lack of communication from the team, making people feel upset on what’s going on. Again, I’m not saying that people don’t do things that aren’t nasty and vile when it comes to attack developers. They definitely are. And I think part of the problem is that they expect lead developers to take that role as opposed to PR type positions like community managers to do this for them. Be that communication link.

The reason I point this out is that if you look at games that are considered a lot more “healthy” right now, you’ll notice a pattern. Fortnite and R6Siege both have community managers that do a good job of keeping the community up to date on things and answering questions, and taking feedback. Notice how that there isn’t really any “eggshells” being walked on over there. 98% of people are actually good with just SOME sort of communication. And I think it’d be smart if Blizzard started following in those footsteps.

2 Likes

They said HOPEFULLY.

Please read ya’ll it ain’t hard…

1 Like

pls be patient. we are focusing on balancing now not events. :rofl:

I consider them not admitting their mistakes as failure, and that happens very often nowadays.

Dont get me wrong, i want to love this game, and i know it has the potential to be great.
Im still hoping for something big at Blizzcon

3 Likes

Tbqh as someone that leads projects in software you really really really do not want them to release it yet…

You really don’t.

You may think you want it.

You don’t.

Let them have their time and make sure it’s 100% till it gets out. It’s very critical it’s fine tuned and works properly and validated.

1 Like