PTR Ana Question!

Thank you Geoff! This is a very good start for Ana :grinning:. But I still think she needs more than that.

Suggestions for further improvements:

-Increase movement speed by 10% on nano boost (opposed to 30% back in season 3) Ana’s nano boost can feel very underwhelming and now gives her nano boosted target faster movement speed

-Slightly faster reload speed A very slight faster reload speed to avoid teammates or Ana herself dying due to reloading since the pace in this game is getting faster and faster

-Decrease sleep cooldown by 2 seconds and biotic grenade cooldown by 1 second
Ana’s cooldowns are one of the higher ones in the game, but they have a very good impact but makes her feel quite defenseless without a nade or sleep for 10+ seconds

-Rifle damage increased from 70 to 75
Better defense against flankers for example now Ana can 2 shot a tracer.

-Faster projectile speed on sleep and unscoped biotic rifle

I think this is a good list if you’re looking to strengthen Ana’s kit and not removing most of her weaknesses completely like giving her self sustain.

One problem with Ana healing through teammates, is that it removes Ana pre-heal on full health targets before a fight since Ana heals over time.

Axel

I see alot of player asking for Ana mobility or Self healing and honestly, I don’t think she need it.

When I need heal I’ve heal-pack or second healer for that. If no choice or emergency I’ll use my nade.

My big concerne about Ana is two thing :

• Can’t heal if ally are behind enemy shield (and with all the shield that happen a lot)
  • Nano it’s to much mate and hero depending.
    It’s useless on some hero and when you use it, it’s 100% about the target action.
    If the Nano heal the target at least it could be used as an emergency heal option for exemple.

I’m not competent enough for say how she should be balance anyway, these point are just my though on this hero I love playing.

Keep up the good work Blizzard team :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just wonder what will be the point of using widow anymore.

Thanks you very much for posting this .
A game should have advantages and weakness in each side in order to make fair .
But nowadays people just dont know how to think objectively .

Any buff to Ana is a buff to Reinhardt by extension. I’m super excited for this! Thanks Geoff :grinning:

Ana made me fell in love with OW back in the day.

Through the years I been seen how ow is been changing with the reworks and all the stuff you put on the game, to the maps until new heroes, with this in mind almost every new change has made mobility a must in the game and Ana has left behind in this aspect for really long now.
When you say that a Brigitte and a lucio goes perfect with her, I can feel it when I play her with a good Lucio with comms, but
I don’t feel like any other heroe needs to be paired with somebody who makes her more mobile…

His kit is tremendous and the magazine increase is a good path but I think the true buff needed is her mobility, she needs that and it’s not anymore that we want that, the game demands it.

She needs independence.

Ana is the “high skill support” let her still be the high skill supp but let his low skill bottom still be viable.

First post in a video game forum ever BTW

1 Like

Nice. Are you guys making any changes to her ult? Preferably auto healing allies to full health?

I think if you guys reduce the cooldown on sleep dart and grenade Ana will be in a much more viable state. Sleep duration can be reduced and grenade damage and healing can be reduced to compensate for the lower cooldown.

Oh cool, four more shots for me to probably miss.

Jokes aside, this is a great change, thanks Geoff!

Fix Sombra’s bugs please!

1 Like

That’s the thing, you gave Moira and Brigitte (and sort of Mercy) everything, they have very minimal weakness compared to Ana. Short range isn’t a weakness for them because their kit allows it. Ana cannot play at long range from most of her team or she can just get singled out. This game is not like it was in the tank meta over a year ago anymore and you guys should understand that. Saying that Ana should be played with a crutch support when every other support (except maybe zen, but he can fight people off better) minimally depends on others’ healing. That said, I am really happy with the buffs she is being given, I hope she can be played strongly more consistently alongside Mercy or Zen or something.

2 Likes

What benefit does pre-heal does? If you try to predict and heal before someone attack your ally, you won’t heal him. if i’m wrong, could you explain to me how pre-heal is useful?

In Blizzard’s timeline…6 months from now.

I’ll just quote some other post made here on the subject:

5 Likes

I’m sorry, but this is just seem dumb to me. let’s take the first example again: if you are pocket heals genji, and he stays full hp, than in any way it dosen’t matter if you shots hit him and dosen’t heal him or dosen’t hit him at all and go past him. if this genji dosen’t stays full hp, than this buff dosen’t change anything, since it dosen’t effect someone who isn’t full hp.

Like I said in my original post, I think I personally will prefer the changes on the ptr, however the opinions of other Ana mains should not be discarded.

1 Like

Did you forget about your balance philosophy when designing brigitte?

I like the idea of buffing Ana because she is a skill rewarding hero, but i would like to see a buff that is scaling with skill.

Therefore I would decrease her magazine size to 8 but she regains ammunition if she hits her teammates.

I made a calculation about this with different hitpercentage:

% Hit - effective healing ammunition
40 - 13.6
45 - 14.8
50 - 16.3
55 - 18.2
60 - 20.5
65 - 23.5
70 - 27.6
75 - 33.3

These numbers are a bit high because it ignores the fact that you sometimes hit enemies or barrier. So let’s assume you have 8 bullets and you kill a 200 HP target, takes 3 shots => 5 bullets for healing:

% Hit - effective healing ammunition - ammunition total
40 - 8.5 - 11.5
45 - 9.3 - 12.3
50 - 10.2 - 13.2
55 - 11.4 - 14.4
60 - 12.8 - 15.8
65 - 14.7 - 17.7
70 - 17.2 - 20.2
75 - 20.8 - 23.8

All numbers are above the current magazine size and you also get punished if you play her as DPS (she is a healer so I would even appreciate that fact).

4 Likes

I’m glad Ana is getting buffed and all… but…
What are Moira and Mercy’s weaknesses other than being boring?
Because they have little to no of them. They don’t have to engage as they have mobility on a really short cooldown. So saying that Mercy can’t duel isn’t fair.
And her healing can’t be blocked and persists to heal beyond walls for 2 seconds even. Hell, you don’t even have to look at your target once it’s latched on.

In Moira’s case, she has an unholy amount of self healing and Moira has more healing than Ana overall too, but is also a better duelist. Her dps isn’t that much lower and it’s auto aimed, doesn’t reload, she gets self healing from her right click, and can combo with the auto aimed orb for a combined dps of 100.
Alternatively, she can combo the yellow orb for 105hp self healing per second.
I think it’s werid, really. How you say that you want character’s strenghts to make up for their weaknesses when we have Ana in and Moira in the same game.

I think it’s unfair, how Ana’s weaknesses are so easy to exploit, but then we have heroes like Moira and Mercy who barely have them at all. While also providing the team so much more. Consistent healing and consistent multi target burst healing. Neither can be countered unlike Ana’s.

Consistent damage. A great escape tool, invincibility frames, consistent Multi target burst healing, a self cleanse…
How exactly would you apply this balance philosophy to Moira?
Because her resource meter rarely if ever truly becomes an issue. And that’s the only ‘‘weakness’’ i can come up with.

For every 100 hp Ana can self heal, so that’s every 10 seconds…
Moira gets 450 hp from her orbs, and up to 300 hp from her right click provided she holds it down on someone for 10 seconds. That’s a combined maximum of 750hp self healing. So we have this already really strong and consistent burst healer contesting Ana’s burst healing role, who also has mobility AND better self healing. To add salt to injury, she doesn’t have to aim.

I’m not the tinfoilhat kind of person, but i do get the feeling that you purposely want the lower skill characters to dominate to attract more casual players, as those make up for the majority of the gaming community.

8 Likes

these buffs do nothing to address the issues surrounding ana , shes a sniper thats designed to range heal , but has no way stay at range , she has zero sustain on herself and zero mobility.

you cant be far away from your team in this game unless you have mobility, you’ll just get murdered by flankers.

with ana’s kit i agree on not giving her mobiltiy options , but she NEEDS a way to self heal herself thats not nade.

untill she gets this the only way to play ana is to make sure theres a 2nd support that can babysit you. its just horrible to play.

you take wayyyy too much random chip damage in this game.

its amazing fun to use your 10 second cooldown heal on yourself only to eat a fire strike from rein 2 frames after the heal hits.

7 Likes