PSA: Stop being mean to each other regarding Mercy

Some people like the Mercy changes.

• That is OKAY!

Some people do not like the Mercy Changes.

• That is ALSO OKAY!

It’s okay if someone has a different feeling or view on something that you do!

If you don’t agree with them, either express your opinion in a respectful manner that shows you considered the opposite, or don’t say anything at all - it’s okay to disgree and not say anything if you can’t be respectful about it!

62 Likes

Comes from both ‘sides’. You get the people who just go too far by saying ‘Shutup, your opinion is wrong’ or something like that.

2 Likes

I can’t help it when i’m reading the things on the main page currently.
How DAAAARE they buff her!?

3 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

1 Like

ok i’ll be nice, mom

um can you help me with my homework?

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple of people express that while they’re glad that Mercy is receiving attention, that it may not be addressing the core reasons why she’s underwhelming. And they’ve listed out some reasoning behind it as well.

I think the distinction is, “I’m glad they’re giving her attention and I can see why a lot of people are enjoying it. However, I don’t think they address the issues and here are the reasons I feel this way” and “These are wrong buffs and anyone who likes them doesn’t know what they’re talking about”

18 Likes

When a buff is so tone-deaf that it’s clear it’s only intended to shut up the people unhappy with a hero rather than actually addressing the hero’s issues.

9 Likes

You should really stop calling everyone who disagrees with you/and the buff ”Brats”.

13 Likes

Im generally never respectful and I agree with you…but I can see why people are fed up with all the threads about the same character from the same people saying the same thing all the time. Especially when those people mention being fed up with it being met with false flags and being called rude/toxic because they want better moderation/less of what they consider annoying spam.

2 Likes

So many mercy threads today. I miss the movement threads.

4 Likes

Yeah…the false flagging is just taking this issue into another level and it’s wild.

I don’t know what’s worse. I get the frustration and the outpour of anger from a lot of people regarding the changes themselves, but I also find the people who are demeaning the people dissatisfied by the changes to be as frustrating…

3 Likes

Seriously man, take a break before you either get silenced or pop a blood vessel. If Mercy threads bother you this much, stay away from the forums until it dies down.

2 Likes

lol how the hell do you not like buffs lmao. idc if its a revert, its a freaking buff, be happy for once lol.

1 Like

It’s all just a big mess. I hate this ‘side’ stuff. Its like it’s Mercy supporters Vs everyone else. People just need to learn to be respectful, no matter what someone’s opinion is.

3 Likes

It would also be cool if there wasn’t suddenly a large amount of threads with the same subject burying the other threads. This is not okay.

But I do agree with you. We should try avoid toxicity on the forums.

1 Like

I’m a mercy main and I’m quite satisfied with the changes. Honestly I’d be happy to take a nerf as long as we get 60hps back. I think people were hoping for a rework. I’m happy with what we’re getting.

3 Likes

You can disagree but that gradeschool name calling makes you look bad my dude.

8 Likes

The problem is this buff looks more like just giving us our pound of flesh to shut us up. What people aren’t understanding is that blizzard gave themselves a problem that they had to fix, instead of just leaving her alone during the last patch and seeing where she fell. The buff improves her kit sure, but that doesn’t excuse how bad the kit still is. Power and abilities are in the wrong places and everything plays against each other in a character described as being fluid to pick up and play. All this buff does is attempt to pass her off as playable without actually addressing glaring problems.

1 Like

I’ve ran out of likes :frowning:

Here :heart:

1 Like

It’s very easy. I play for fun. Valk isn’t fun at all for me. So I don’t see this change as a plus for me at all. Plus, if we ignore the subjective fun part, it’s too small of a buff to matter anyway for the balance. So you’ll get your weak ultimate a bit more quickly and it will heal a bit more, big deal.

1 Like