PSA: Hammond can transform faster than Bastion

When your team has no coordination or playing badly the yes. Otherwise… I have bad news.

1 Like

Ok calm down. I’m only trying to have a civil discussion.

I just think when a character is capable of being so oppressive, you have to be very careful when balancing because the slightest buff can make the entire game unfun.

I didnt realise this was one of those ‘the only opinions allowed to be voiced here have to be the same as mine’ threads, or I wouldn’t have bothered trying to have a discussion.
I’ll get my coat, enjoy your echo chamber.

1 Like

Insert any hero with the team pocketing them and they can carry games.

This is not a ‘Bastion issue.’

You mean reliable damage like before his rework. Last I recall, he wasn’t even close to being meta before his rework. HMMM whay changed? Maybe it was the fact that he became easier to pocket a la Ironclad?

Sure, lemme get up and lose my IC while Hanzo rapes me with his E. Great strat.

Lemme get up and reposition to a position close enough to the enemy where my damage is worth something, but far enough to where my damage means something. Aka, a range that doesn’t exist. And if it does, please tell me. In my 60 hours of playing him I still haven’t found it, but maybe you can tell me how to be a better Bastion, kinda like back-seat gaming.

Tell me I’m bad. Tell me I need to git gud. Then I’ll be on my way to top500 Best Bastion player.

But Mercy rework was 100% healthy for the game. Buffing breaking hack was healthy for the game. Launch DF was healthy for the game.

Why do you think there is no middle ground where Bastion can be viable, but not a destroyer of worlds?

And you playing an F-tier hero is out of the equation, thanks for proving my point.

1 Like

I’m genuinely sorry if you got the wrong impression, i’m talking to the devs whan i say, Something is drastically wrong right now, and my blood is boiling.

What we are trying to tell you is… He’s not.
The numbers prove it.

It Really Isn’t.

This is a “Logic and reason shall be spread over opinion” Kind of thread.

2 Likes

And with IC they weren’t careful. I want IC gone. I want it erased off their harddrives. Erased from their minds. It’s WORTHLESS

Teh damage creep between Hanzo and Junk ate enough to eradicate him, now factor in other things like Brig having a 600 HP barrier that negatively impacts Bastion, or the fact that a rolling and parkouring ball can outright ignore him or escape him gives him a worthless status over a CC hero that can stop him dead in his tracks.

Not when you lock yourself up in the mindset that there is 0 possible middle ground for helping him.

1 Like

Monstree left the conversation

Monstree didn’t care about Balance discussion, and just wanted to voice an extreme opinion, without counter evidence being suggested.

Have a wonderful day. :grin:

4 Likes

He’s not wrong though. Bastion is a very powerful hero that can easily dominate games. The problem is for him to thrive he needs good team support. Wrecking ball is similar but his mobility gives him stronger independent value even with less damage output.

1 Like

So… In the best teams possible, Please tell me why he sees so little play in the highest ranks??

People can’t have it both ways…
It can’t be “Really good when pocketed” AND “Really bad on anything but junkertown, so only play there”

Because in the higher tiers the high skill heroes often provide strong counter play. Bastion is more or less a low tier hero. Most teams higher up don’t want to babysit an immobile hero. It’s why Rein has a way higher pick rate than Orisa too. Mobility trumps power.

That argument is flawed, as if it was Powerful in their hands, it would be used or even abused.

They don’t do it, because it could never currently work with the hero.

It’s not that he’s overly weak. It’s that his play style can be countered by raw skill. I’ve seen Bastion work very well even in GM but you need your team to work around you. That’s asking a lot of your team. Playing around slow or immobile heroes can be very frustrating and if your not disciplined it all falls apart quickly.

I don’t think it’s fair that mobile heroes have these advantages but that’s Overwatch right now. Bastion isn’t strong but he’s still usable. Heroes don’t have to be meta to be strong either. Bastion could absolutely use some buffs. He’s good but could be much better.

1 Like

I dont think Hammond has a instakill ult. Whos ult are you talking about?

He can’t defend himself, Because his Damage is limited, And his aim isn’t even rewarded.

He is weak.

His team shouldn’t even be considered when talking about Balance of the hero itself, as ANY Decent team pocketing a Dps will do better because of it.

As a stand alone hero, He’s weak.

And the “Just don’t ever play him outside of special teams” Argument is just as weak as he is.

Nice post, what’s next? Why bastion can’t blink like tracer?

7 Likes

If Hammond had the same xformation time…he’d literally be a troll pick.

He has a reliable self heal and damage resistant form

Maybe. At range his damage is weaker but saying his damage is limited is kinda hilarious.

Yeah it is. Being a good shot in recon form is very rewarding and as long as your at a moderate distance his turret form is very rewarding with accuracy.

No he’s not. He’s a boom or bust hero. Good players can make him work and bad ones can rely more on their teammates.

I do agree that he could use changes but he’s not as bad as you are making him out to be.

60 more health on my stationary roadhog?? Wow.

at 20 meters, he does about 290 dps. In the best of cases.
AND Headshots aren’t rewarded, That’s a limitation on the potential damage, a better player could be dealing.

And what about all those heroes who can close that gap? Huh?

Accuracy?
What accuracy?

His spread is the size of Reinhardt at like, 20 meters.
Give me a break.

Yes. he really is.

Also… It’s called a Glass cannon, And right now… He’s all glass, nearly no cannon.

And again some people that think he is fine… have you guys played him on any other map then in junkertown? Or do you guys have any experience with him over 10 hours with him?

cant belive it too that thers is not responce

this just disgust me…

but when is like the “genji/roadhog/…” heros, that are known,
poof insta responce, insta patch, insta nerf/buff

yea right, i lost all faith and trust on them

1 Like