PSA: Do not use mouse macros of any sort, you will get permanently banned with no warning

Ehh, been using X-Mouse Control for so long, never had a problem, I use it to remap my mousebuttons. It’s always running in the background.

The key reason why macros are never allowed is because one keypress = one action, when one keypress perform multiple actions is when you’ve got a problem.

lol macros are 3rd party programs?! Lmfao

What are you on about?

I have 6 buttons on my mouse I have to bind to numpad keys otherwise I can’t use them

Been doing that since like season 2

Anything not made by the Parent Company ( In this case Blizzard ) is a 3rd party program hun.

Does Blizzard make Macro software?
I guess you are laughing at your self for not even knowing the basics?
It is always good to laugh at your self, I guess.

Oh honey bunny, not all macros are achieved through or symonious with the use of programs, love. I should know, I have 18 macros set up for OW, none of which require a 3rd party program.

Before you try to be a condescending dick about something you obviously know nothing about, so you can white knight for a multi billion dollar corporation you should try doing about 30 seconds of research first so that you actually know what you’re talking about. You should be laughing at yourself…

3rd party program is anything not made by blizzard.

That includes software part of your mouse ( Razor Peripherals software - 3rd party program )
Using Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse ( 3rd party program ) to edit a key to code in multiple functions.

Ya you are still a laughing stock.
Unless you want explain how you made a macro without a re-recorder.

Question, a friend wants to learn to take down pharah, I agreed to be the target for them but I am not good as pharah. I wanted to use a macro to fly in a custom game as target practice for them. Will I get banned for this?

I remember I was playing OW once and forgot I had my Cookie Clicker script still running. I was very confused why my guns kept rapidly firing one shot at a time.

Once I realized what was happening I killed the program and all was well. But boy, was that annoying.

1. Technically, they’re given the option to review upwards of 30 pages, with the B .net TOS incorporated by reference, for what is currently a $20 purchase.

2. But “It’s just a mouse macro” should be a no-brainer. Of course you can’t use it.

Well…That’s annoying. Was researching why my scene transition hotkeys for OBS weren’t working (I stream). Now I’m paranoid I’m gonna be banned for trying to use scene transitions and stream deck hotkeys (that ARE, indeed, macros). Back to streaming Tarkov, haha.

I’m also fairly concerned for similar reasons. I have ICUE running because it’s the software that lets me adjust my mouse’s DPI, keyboard lightings, and has options for macros. I’d like to have macros for shadowplay’s ‘record the last minute of gameplay’, but now I’m worried that just having a software that CAN be used to macro will set off some sort of flags, even if it isn’t being used to cheat.

Plenty of people stream Overwatch, and do stream transitions, without getting banned. If you are not altering inputs to Overwatch it shouldn’t be a problem.

If you have a single macro that does both a scene transition and sends an input to Overwatch, that might be problem so… don’t do that.

The only hotkeys I have set up for OBS are start/stop recording (I don’t stream, I only use OBS to record), but I don’t see why other hotkeys should be different.

Well, I suppose it’s just barely possible that all the streamers that use scene transitions in Overwatch have a 2-PC set up so that OBS, the stream deck, and so on, are all on the capture/streaming PC and not affecting the gaming PC at all. Seems unlikely.

I’m sure you can get a more definitive answer either from our #technical-support forum (possibly) or from a streaming-oriented reddit or the like (almost certainly).

nor is it common sense to get a suspension because someone in my group said something “toxic” to another teammate, but blizzard doesn’t seem to give one

Ready the gallows!
There’s a commoner in the vestry!

1 Like

Macros are fine. Their use is outlined in the ToS and it’s been this way since the start.

Using macros isn’t a problem it’s how you use them that will get you banned.

One action per bind.

Blizzard does support macros you just have to know the rules.

They even sell Razer products in the store so…

the only mouse button function i use, is mouse sensitivity shifts…(like increasing dpi or lowering dpi, with a mouse button)

and i think i have one or two other buttons that is binded to left click or right click, incase of hectic fights, and my fingers slide off anad hit one of those buttons…(instead of accidently hitting the button and that button not doing anything, i figured i’d make it left click or right click, depending what side of the mouse the button is located)

and i’m not banned…i know not to use any AUTOMATION “shortcuts” i even make sure the profile my mouse settings is on, that i do not have a “ctrl+c” “ctrl+v” macro as i think that would count as being illegal too

so i kept it super super super super simple and no ban here, as i think its legal, and it doesn’t serve as “cheating” its a QoL for using my mouse

Even so, im thankful for this post, one thing is Reading “Any automation” another thing is understanding the definition, at the time I installed the game i had no reason to considder keyboard macros, but ofc. I don’t want to cheat, so its nice that i can still find topics like this, clearifying that i cannot make quickscope or superjump macros, ofc. i had my suspicions, hence why i checked it out first.
Regardless of Reading the EULA and CoC at installation time, it’s been nearly 5? years or 4. Not everyone remembers it all in detail :wink: for that long. So it stopped me for doing something i would later regret :slight_smile:.

It’s really case-by-case because people will review the match before banning, or review it upon appealing. I’ve been using hyper-spin macros for years to do those hilarious spin flexxes, or other combinations to make characters act glitchy, and no consequences because if anything, it gives me a competitive disadvantage. But if you’re using them for hero teks like Genji dash, spin, fan, melee, then yeah, gtf outta here with that hax stuff.

2 YEARS AGO!!! The forums “latest” tab said someone who isn’t me only posted here mere MOMENTS ago!!! The forums are so wacky recently…

1 Like

Since we’re on the necro train, I have a question. You can buy a logitech mouse that has what’s called “infinite” scroll whereby the scroll wheel is disengaged and can spin freely for a very long time at very high speeds.

If someone were to use a macro and assign it a mouse button that simulates scrolling as long as the button is held down, then is that considered a bannable macro?

If so, then why are these logitech mice allowed to be used if the net result in-game is the same, or even easier with the logitech since the user only has to boost the wheel every so often instead of holding a button down?

I’ve used Razer Synapse for YEARS while playing RuneScape and doing other computer tasks, but I never got around to making macros for Overwatch.

I’m now glad I never did. Having a Razer Naga gives me more than enough buttons to do what I want while still using my xbox controller for mobility!