PSA Brigs bash combo never countered tracer

so you just gonna ignore the rest of my comment then? the part that tells you how the shield bash combo had nothing to do with how tracer was countered by brig?

you still need to delegate a damage roll if not running traditional dps. You still need to kill the enemy and someones main job in that comp, even if not a dps is to dps. in goats its brig and zarya.

It was the biggest deterrent.

Also saying her passive healing counters Tracer is dumb, that’s like saying LĂșcio’s auras counter Tracer, and he doesn’t have to leave the back line to activate it.

1 Like

I know dude. I am agreeing with what you say. This seems to just be a misunderstanding or something to that effect. No worries.

1 Like

I saw, I had already posted this

1 Like

It’s all good xD This forum drives us all a little crazy.

1 Like

it literally wasn’t, good tracers have no issue with shield bash

They did, it put a timer of 0.3 seconds on diving a support. If Brigitte wasn’t using it willy nilly it would be impossible to get kills with that time frame.

Her combo is what actually killed Brigitte not an armor buff for people. She literally killed her with her attacks, she figuratively killed her by being a meme on the forums.

her combo literally did nothing to tracer. it was the armor and repair pack.

But the threat of Brig is what kept Tracer away. The healing and armor she provides is what solidified her as a Tracer counter, but without the looming threat of being eliminated on the spot Tracer can just pick away at whoever Brig is protecting much easier than previously.

2 Likes

Its literally not.

so what youre saying is, you just don’t want tracer to be played at all? you could care less about the fact that shes countered by brig fully still, you just don’t want her in the game at all you want brig to be the “tracer cant play the game anymore” button then yes?

because its either that’s what you want, or these changes are fine.

2 Likes

I did not say that, quite being so hyperbolic and touchy. You’re saying that the combo literally did not keep Tracer away, so anyone wanting it to remain as is clearly doesn’t want it for that reason yes?

To say that the threat has no impact on Tracer at all is foolish, just as it is to say that it makes her unplayable.

1 Like

im not. you literally state that the looming threat of brig keeps brig away:

and that you want to keep that. YOU literally say that’s how you feel, not me.

I never said that. I said your reasoning says that. good tracers aren’t affected by shield bash. they just dodge it. that doesn’t change the reason shield bash is being changed

its not an issue for tracer. she literally cannot touch a good tracer or genji with her bash because they will out maneuver her.

it is an issue for every hero withouth the mobility of genji and tracer, and makes them damn near impossible to play. Which is one of the many reasons the meta currently features no dps.

Little bit of an over simplification there. The fact that Tracer can’t get killed by Brig’s combo means she can be slightly more aggressive than before, but overall I agree with your assessment. Brig still counters Tracer.

2 Likes

All the heroes without the mobility to escape Brigitte have the range to not get near her in the first place, barring Reaper.

Her bash combo was a much greater deterrent than it will be now.

I’m not arguing against the nerf, but for you to diminish its importance is ignorant in my opinion.

1 Like

the meta is literally to walk over the enemy using brig and rien and other healers and tanks. it doesn’t matter if you have range if they are just going to walk over you, and guess what? once they are in your range you are done. this meta is possible because of brig

I didn’t diminish anything. I stated that this was not what about her kit countered tracer. good tracers and genjis aren’t being touched by shield bash.

I will literally dance around a brig as tracer to taunt them and tilt them in games with tracer because they aren’t fast or good enough to keep up with my tracer.

I will literally murder brigs to assert dominance with tracer and force them to swap with tracer because if I don’t do that what actually counters my tracer will come the second she builds ult.

As someone who actually plays both tracer and genji in high tiers the shield bash does not deter me from anything.

can it catch me? sure, but you know what so can a flash bang from McCree and in both situations I die, but that’s the exception, not the case.

Yes a good Tracer player won’t get hit by the Brig combo. but now that the combo is nerfed, Tracer has the option to try for an aggressive play once in awhile, because the risk VS reward has changed. Move in at the right time, empty a clip or two, or land a sticky bomb onto a backline squishy.

If Brig sees it coming and combos you, Tracer has a chance of being able to recall or blink away. There is still risk, because 2v1 gang up on Tracer and she is dead. But the chance for reward is there too for Tracer, the possibility of a clutch pick in the backline if Brig’s abilities are on cooldown. The option is there for an aggressive play time to time. THAT is what is changing with this new Brig nerf.

Brig still counters Tracer, but it requires the Brig player to have some amount of skill or help from the team. It doesn’t come for free anymore.

2 Likes

It’s not made possible solely by Brigitte, this kind of comp was around well before she existed. She just meshes well with it, and it certainly isn’t because of her damage.

it was just made unstoppable because of her.