PS5 possible network issues over wifi

I am experiencing a noticeable degrade in network performance with my PS5 when compared to my PS4. I am not sure if this is related to the firmware on the PS5 wifi card but wanted to make a post to see if others are experiencing it with overwatch more so than other games on PS5 when using Wifi. My PS4 does not exhibit these issues when connected.

Let me know if you guys are experiencing anything similar with Overwatch exclusively.

1 Like

I also have a lot of problems with overwatch since the last big firmware update for the PS5.
Never had these problems on PS4 or even on PS5 before the Update.

Some games it works fine, some games it is absolutely unplayable.

Is there any solution to fix this?

1 Like

I also get an indication of packet loss and poor internet connection in game.
So far only tested with wifi.

Same for me. Everything was fine since April firmware update. But network issues appear not only in Overwatch, but in other games as well. I have PS4 Slim and xbox series x, and Overwatch run smooth on the same internet connection.
I tried play Overwatch on PS5 wired and things are much better. But it is not an option for me.

Have not experienced as many issues following the firmware update for PS5 that unlocked M.2 (I’m not going to lookup the version but you guys know what I mean).

If you experience a disconnect consider it motivation to examine the following if you are on Wi-fi and have no choice but to use Wi-fi:

Ensure the strongest band is used, 5 GHz being the focus but if it is between a 2.4 full bars and 5 ghs 1 bar choose 2.4 ghz.

Option button when selecting a network brings up the menu to change this when you are selecting a network.

Port forwarding may be helpful, more of a placebo I think but….we can only try. Google it.

Ensure IPv6 is enabled on your router. This may improve performance generally as routing tables become more concise. Google how to for your router ensure this is enabled. Your ISP might not support, but just turn it on auto if that is an option. Reconnect all devices following the change via network restart.

Bandwidth balancing on network settings within your router. QoS or some other term. Try this and see if it helps if you are on a limited bandwidth network <= 25 mbps you may see a performance decrease. Try and see if it helps.

If you do not own your router and are leasing a 2 in one from your ISP when you could purchase a modem and router yourself thinking you’re saving money……go purchase your own you are wasting money and yes it is worth the time.

Mesh routers are amazing if you want an intuitive experience that is scaleable.

15 bucks a month is the average price for equipment lease and that over 12 months pays for the equipment you would buy.