[PS4] Voice chat major bug!

Hi !
After today’s patch, the voice chat is broken on ps4. All my teammates are sounding very loud and robotic, as if their mics are saturating. I hope this is going to be fixed, meanwhile we’ll use the Ps4 party to chat, but this is a bit annoying ^^
Thanks for reading, and please excuse my english, this is not my native language :wink:

Edit : this bug is now in the “known issues” topic, so Blizzard is aware of this issue. I hope we’ll be getting a hotfix soon :wink:

Edit 2 : Still can’t use the voice chat properly… I really hope there will be a patch today to fix it, it’s getting really annoying. Please Blizzard :kissing_smiling_eyes:

49 Likes

I am lucky I can still hear out of my hears and that my ears have stopped bleeding. What a terrible, terrible BUG

8 Likes

I used to be slightly deaf but now I have total hearing loss thanks to this new bug. Seriously, this needs to be fixed before an entire generation of gamers goes deaf.

5 Likes

MY EARS JUST EXPLODED FIX THIS BUG I can’t play comp because if this bug please fix it

5 Likes

I have experienced this as well. hopefully they can patch this within a day or two.

3 Likes

I also am experiencing this bug with my friends too. VERY LOUD

2 Likes

go to options, sound, lower your voice chat and voice chat mic volume down to 50 (for BOTH)
fixed
tell EVERYONE to use this
i would post a pic to make it more easier to figure out but links arent allowsd super sorry

7 Likes

My buddy dropped her sound all the way to 1 and it’s the same issue.

1 Like

i turn my volume down and it still sounds static like and non comprehensible :’(

1 Like

Ikr. I’m not sure how if it’s just me, but when you click play and go to the find group panel, you can’t highlight it or go down onto that menu. I had to press triangle and then went to find group which is harder for me lol.

7 Likes

Voice chat is currently broken after the patch, hope we get a hotfix soon.

1 Like

Also having this problem. Friends and I figured it out after switching to party chat.

1 Like

Yeah, I had to completely turn chat off cause it was unbearable during comp.

1 Like

Just going to add to this because I really can’t believe a bug like this got through QA. Like really… is everyone at blizzard the sort of player that never joins voice chat and just plays Genji? Or did some project manager go “Yeah, nah, who cares about testing, whatever just build and deploy, it’ll be right”

3 Likes

Please repair this, I have been told by many users that I am being reported for mic spamming because they are unaware of the issue. I have also lost many games due to people quitting voice chat because of unbearable sound levels.

2 Likes

Just adding to the list of people this is impacting. Friend and I did the same as mentioned above, and figured that the party chat worked fine and it’s something came in with the patch.

1 Like

I’m experiencing this as well! Screeching and static coming from mics, even turning your mic level to 1 doesn’t fix it. Makes it impossible to play comp unless you have a six stack of friends who can all use ps4 party. Please fix blizzard!

2 Likes

Same issue here on PS4. Please fix.

2 Likes

Here is some video evidence - YouTube

2 Likes

There is no PTR on ps4, I think that’s why. They tested the patch on Pc and it had no problem, so they pushed it live. I would loooove a PTR on Ps4 though, and it would prevent bugs like this one.

2 Likes