PS4 error CE-38878-0 = 150 SR lost!

Hello

Everything is in title
I had 3 crash of the game tonight while being in Ranked and lost 150 SR and get 24mn ban.
What is the problem Blizzard ?!
Can you fix this ?
I’m not the only one apparently
I guess people want their SR back

Same here

Crashed after capping 3rd point on Havana in Comp. Luckily I made it back for the defense.

1 Like

Hey Saitama,

From what I can tell, this error typically indicates corrupted game data on the console. Try going through these steps.

Thanks for the link Zenlaka but here you can note I’m not the only one to get crashes. I met several people in game who told me the same so that indicates there may be something wrong on Overwatch side (fix server side I don’t know).

The thing is as customers we can’t get consequences of something wrong on your side.
Can you investigate on Dev team side to see how it can be fixed and how they can give back SR to customers ?

1 Like

ive lost 150 sr as well they need to fix this coz everytime i pick a character i just disconnect and its ridiculous how long it takes to climb sr but stuff like this causes people to lose sr in a snap. personally i want my sr back coz its ridiclous like i cannot play the comp what so ever, atm i have a 2 hour ban

2 Likes

I’m also on ps4 and I fell out of plat my sr is at 2300 , im also suffering a 20min ban. My game is updated literally updated my ps4 to the recent patch 7.02 and I’m still getting this stupid error. This is an overwatch issue! It takes too long to climb and I’m losing SR and being punished for crimes that aren’t even in my control. This is not fair to players especially those that play the right way. I’m 3 star diamond border I lost 200 sr easily between yesterday and this morning. It sucks for me because I’m addicted to comp and I’m scared to play now because of this crap . My psn is King_win_ner

Still dealing with this issue. I want my SR back prompto and I want all my flags on my account from this bug to be gone .

i feel ur pain man, this issue was apparently resolved like months ago and its happening again. i hope blizzard doesnt take their precious time to fix it coz people are geting upset

I’m having the same issue since the latest patch. Getting kicked as soon as game starts or when selecting the chat I want to play. Seems like something must of went wrong with the last patch of so many people are experiencing the same thing. Might try looking into why so many people have a corrupt data file creating the same error. And tried the linked steps to follow with no change. Still getting kicked losing sr and getting a comp ban. Plz fix

1 Like

Adding on to that I’m a little concerned as to why a game that in no way uses my ps camera would be effected by the facial recognition software. Or why turning that off would cause the error not to happen. Please tell me you are not using are camera to spy and collect data on your customers.

1 Like

Hey folks,

Are you sure the code is 38878 and not 34878? If it’s 34878, we’re checking that one out here.

Possible I can’t remember
You probably fixed it because we didn’t get any issue since you answered.
The thing is we still lost a lot of SR because of this. I think this can be fixed server side, it would be nice you would it